Specialist Groups Consultant
- Ad Placed : 13 Dec 2019 03:01:20
- Remuneration : R 25000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : Outcor Recruitment
Other General Employment
- Applicants must have experience in designing, planning, quoting, dealing with agents and operating their own bookings independently;
- Experience with luxury small group travel, +- 10 - 30 guests;
- Multigenerational family groups AND ad hoc luxury groups, NOT mass tour series groups. (Candidates who have only operated tour series groups would NOT be suitable).
FIT Candidates that with to expand knowledge would be suitable.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- FITs, Special Interest Groups and Incentive consulting experience at a senior level in an inbound tour-operating environment for a minimum of 8 years.
- Itinerary design, quoting and operating groups independently
- Experience in hosting Special Interest Groups will be an advantage.
- On the ground operations and quality control.
- Knowledge of inbound Tour Operating procedures.
- Travel Diploma.
Main areas of focus:
- Striving towards exceeding targets.
- Groups: rate negotiations, allocations as required, booking accommodation and services as required, prepare proposals and pre-departure documentation, prepare detailed costings and load bookings in Travel Studio for group operations.
- Developing the creativity of itineraries in line with market requirement
- Focus on delivery excellence in customer service to Clients (speed to replies/accuracy/creativity/file handling).
- Build close relationships with all Agents, with International Sales Team and Internal Marketing Division.
- Ensuring high attention to detail and customer service is always maintained.
- Ensure that all reservations are being run at an acceptable margin and profit level
- Ensure VIP’s receive appropriate attention.
- Escort Inspection Trips as directed by Line Manager.
- Assist the Groups Planning Manager with all other reasonable requests where required.
Planning & Allocations:
- Assist with annual allocation requirements, annual brochure costings, itineraries, tour manuals, timed itineraries, extra services, upgraded documentation, and any other documentation, etc. required by the Line Manager.
- Plan and execute itineraries for each Group in conjunction with the Line Manager.
- Ensure creativity with each tour including pre or post arrangements.
- Ensure accommodation is booked. Notify Line Manager of any waitlists for Groups and ensure alternatives are found.
- Ensure Guides, coaches, restaurants, flights and transport are booked in good time.
- Prepare proposals, detailed costings and load bookings in Travel Studio. Prepare pre-departure documentation as required.
- Release reservations/allocations in good time to avoid paying cancellation charges.
- Ensure itineraries for each group are up-to-date.
- Ensure all documents for tours are updated.
- Liaising with vendors to ensure all lunch and dinner menus are selected and within price range on the Groups standard.
- Bookings – pre and post tours. Action the requests from the Clients for requested itinerary:
- Road transfers.
- Regional flights.
- Reconfirmation of all services booked, one month before travel date.
- Typing up welcome documents for Clients (welcome letter, itinerary and general information) in conjunction with the Admin Consultant.
- Ensuring all invoices are raised at appropriate time and that Travel Studio financials balance.
- Ensure supplier payments are made timeously.
- VIP Clients
- Liaise with Line Manager, General Manager and Regional Managing Director – East and Southern Africa.
- Operate Groups in accordance with company requirements.
- Assist with logistical problems to accommodate bookings for pre or post tours and to release reservations/allocations to allow the space to be sold.
- Ensure timeous booking of touring services with Regional Offices and Third Party Suppliers.
- Ensure all Guides on escorted tours receive briefing sheets and complete Guide Questionnaire/Report Back.
- Ensure all VIP files are handled as per company policy and the General Manager, as well as the Regional Managing Director - East and Southern Africa are made aware of visits in good time and the special value adds are implemented.
- Ensure that the Group's USP’s are always included in Client itineraries.
- Accurate input of all files into Travel Studio (correct values on all vouchers, timeous invoicing to meet accounting deadlines).
- Resolve all customer service issues (pre/during/post tour). Ensure the Line Manager, General Manager, as well as the Regional Managing Director – East and Southern Africa are kept informed.
- Welcome, and escort Special Interest Groups on Inspections trips
- Escort Special Interest Groups as required.
- Attend fam trips as required.
- Ensure itinerary is logical and logistically accurate.
- Prepare excel costings
- Alternate nights
- Reverse itineraries.
- Liaise with Agents / Guests as to best alternatives.
- Offer suggestions to improve the itineraries requested.
- Ensure that properties offered are appropriate.
- Compile costings and load bookings in Travel Studio accurately
- Loading of Sanctuary Retreats reservations/allocations into e-Res and ensuring that the correct rate codes are applied and that all relevant services are booked in e-Res.
- Maintain e-Res reservations in accordance with company policy as required.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.