Lead Android Developer
- Ad Placed : 10 Jan 2020 01:00:02
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : Summit Consulting
Other General Employment
The mobile android developer is responsible for developing the android app. The developer must ensure a high level of quality in the solution by ensuring that all aspects of the solution are properly implemented according to the specifications. The key outcome or measure of success is to have a fully functioning app with no errors in a release that goes to production.
The following points outline the job requirements:
- Develop and execute the development of specifications given to them.
- Work with project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute functional specs.
- Construct, execute, and document development plans and testing as appropriate in a manner consistent with team standards.
- Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate and ensure they are addressed.
- Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for development planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
- Participate as needed in initiatives to identify and implement tools and utilities that enhance development capabilities and product quality.
Skills/Attribute of candidate:
- Must have experience creating Android applications written in Java
- Must have experience using SQL and/or must be competent using persistence frameworks with a SQL database
- Managing and using the Google Play Developer console
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Must be able to implement a complex UI design
- Attention to detail.
- Good verbal skills.
- Good written skills/documentation.
- Basic project management skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Good research skills.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Mobile (Native Android, Java) knowledge
- Knowledge of process improvement.
- Understanding of the software development process
- Familiarity with Android Studio
- Experience using Zeplin
- Experience with using the following Android libraries: DBFlow, GreenRobots Event Bus, Retrofit, Saripaar, Butterknife, etc
- Able to write unit-tests against the codebase to test for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Degree/B Tech - Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.