COMMITTEE SECRETARIAT / MINUTE TAKER
- Ad Placed : 17 Jul 2019 05:53:56
- Remuneration : R 37000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : Tipp Focus
Other General Employment
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Secretariat department for a Minute Taker (temp role) as follows:
- For 3 months initially with an option to renew depending on the quality of the output.
- 5 years or more Secretariat experience
- CIS/LLB/BCOM Law or studying towards but experience is key.
Duties as follows;
- Assist the Company Secretary with assigned duties, including: development and updating of governance strategies and policies; compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements; and ensuring compliance with good governance practices;
- Guide the Board on fiduciary duties;
- Continuously identify areas of process improvement and monitor the effective implementation thereof;
- Translate legislation into action steps by recommending best practice;
- Formulate agendas in consultation with the relevant Executives / Chairpersons;
- Ensure that all meetings are accurately minuted; and
- Be willing to train fellow staff and share skills.
- Experience in the field of corporate governance with a strong understanding of Secretariat processes & governance in both the public and private sectors;
- Overall knowledge of primary legislation applicable. Companies Act, King IV & associated statutes & regulatory framework;
- Excellent command of and fluency in the English language, both written & verbal; and
- Strong drafting (the ability to take meeting minutes) and administrative skills with attention to detail.
CIS qualification or a relevant legal professional qualification and / a degree that is relevant to the field.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.