- Ad Placed : 16 Jul 2019 05:08:00
- Remuneration : R 1500000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : Tipp Focus
Other General Employment
Purpose of Role
- Develop and maintain a model of SAICA’s current and future web architecture and design a structure that is stable, resilient and preformat.
- Develop and own the technical architecture guiding principles.
- Re-design SAICA’s integration architecture to follow best practice and comply with industry standards.
- Assess and evaluate the solution-, business- and data architecture of any new and existing projects.
- Set the future direction and develop the migration plans for the applications to meet the business and architectural objectives of the organisation.
- Develop entity relationship diagrams where required.
- Interpret company strategy and model its effect on the related architectural domains (business, technologies, information, application, data and security)
- Asses company change in relation to the documented architectural roadmap and update roadmap if required.
- Perform software reviews (COTS and bespoke).
(TFS vs Source Safe, SAICA Website Upgrade, iMIS CRM)
- Perform code reviews on new development projects.
- Review technical standards and procedures to align with SAICA IT architecture.
- Review functional and technical specifications to align with SAICA IT architecture.
- Perform Cobit Reviews in areas that touch on IT Architecture.
- Ensure that the project requirements from an architectural point of view conform to the enterprise architecture.
ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Participate in technical analysis and design sessions in support of development team.
- Understand business requirements and translate into a workable, integrated, sustainable architecture solution.
- Integrate strategic thinking into the formulation of solutions and capabilities to ensure that long-term objectives and impacts are factored into the design process.
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with the business analysts.
- Understand and support software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions.
DEVELOPMENT / SDLC
- Perform code reviews with software developers.
- Formulate and enforce the SDLC policies and procedures.
- Formulate a policy for managing SAICA’s code repository to ensure that source code is safe and secure.
- Standardise SAICA’s reporting platforms (standards, procedures, technologies).
- Participate in hand-over sessions from external and internal developers.
- Provide a system for recording and storing technical hand-over documentation in support of development team (Sharepoint Application Repository and Video Recordings).
Research and share best practices and be consultative to project manager and business analysts throughout duration of projects.
Develop and enforce development standards.
Manage external vendors’ compliance to SAICA standards and architecture.
Identify risks and provide solutions that may reduce risk.
Research investigate new technologies in support of IT deliverables (Attend product briefings and workshops, Internet research)
Interview and appoint development resources in compliance with SAICA’s technical requirements.
- Estimate cost, and prepare business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support.
- Work with the Project Managers and Business Analysts to develop high level project schedule resource plans for implementation projects.
- Identify Non-IT functions.
- Participate in internal projects as required.
- Review and specify tools and methodologies, as needed.
- Manage all technical aspects of the exams system to ensure successful exams release (ICT 1 & 2, APC) Perform exam results release - ITC, PPE and APC Exams
- To perform a senior software development role
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.