Health and Safety Officer
- Ad Placed : 11 Jun 2019 02:23:24
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : Profession Hub
Other General Employment
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience within a Health and Safety environment
- Experience in the live events industry would be an advantage
- Experience in conducting risk assessments
- Incident and accident investigation and OHS Systems
- PC literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Must be flexible in working hours
- Driver’s licence and own vehicle required, as regular site visits are an inherent requirement of the role
- Samtrac qualification (MUST have)
- Hazard identification and risk assessment / analysis
- Accident and incident investigation
- Legal Liability for Supervisors
- Knowledge of OHS Act
- Knowledge of COID Act
- Knowledge of National Building Regulations; Municipal Bylaws; SANS Codes & Standards
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 and its implementation is an advantage
- Assist in ensuring compliance of company’s Group of Companies, with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and any other act or codes relevant to the Live Event Industry. Monitor, implement and administer programs, protocols and procedures ensuring the maintenance of the safety, health and secure environment of Group of Companies
- Visit Group Companies to perform premises and site evaluations with the objective of minimizing work-related injuries and / or illnesses
- Inspect workshops on weekly basis
- Carry out and conduct Toolbox-Talks
- Conduct site Inductions
- Ensure all admin duties & responsibilities are up to date (all training certificates and cards must be scanned, filing of medical record, mandatory agreements, COIDA letters, Public Liabilities, P.P.E. Records etc.)
- Maintain safety procedures including the training of employees on SHE practices
- Assist in fire evacuation drills
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring site safety files to ensure compliance
- Review training and certification records and submit needs analysis for training required
- Ensure sub-contractor mandatory agreements / Public Liability / and COIDA LOG’s are up to date
- Ensure all legal appointments are up to date as required when there are structural or leadership changes
- Plan and distribute monthly SHE Awareness talks
- Ensure all checklists & registers are updated on a weekly and monthly basis i.e. Safety Harness Inspection Records, Rigging Motor Certification, Personal Protective Equipment, Trussing, Incident Records, Training Spread Sheet with relevant certification etc
- Inspect all first aid kits
- Assist with Project Manager safety file updates after every project and ensure archiving is completed
- Attend health and safety committee meetings
- Review meeting minutes to monitor action taken, progress or any outstanding issues highlighted and address accordingly
- Conduct safety inspections on site and report deviations to the Regional Safety Officer.
- Report any unsafe working practices to the Project Manager/ Regional Safety Officer.
- Audit site safety files and ensure compliance.
- Conduct Risk Assessments & Method Statements and implement control measures where required.
- Review all sub 37(2) agreements (expiry dates) and send new agreements to all group companies for renewals.
- Ensure correct PPE is used when different tasks are performed / when in certain areas.
- Schedule regular visits to the relevant subsidiaries to inspect and ensure compliance.
- Audit safety files and ensure all safety files are up to date
- Assist in ensuring annual medicals certificates are valid
- Arrange pre-employment medicals for Freelancers
- Maintain / issue COID documentation
- Ensure correct certification is valid for different tasks performed by different department employees/specialists
- Contribute to and perform the health & safety induction for new starters within the company
- Provide advice and assist all companies personnel on any health and safety related queries/issues
- Contribute towards implementing updates/changes to legislation affecting the Live Events Industry
- Generate a monthly report to the Safety Manager highlighting risks, hazards, progress and/or issues and reporting accordingly in adherence with any statutory requirements
- Assist the Regional Health and Safety Officer and Health and Safety Manager with any other duties as may be required
- Archive old/used documentation and update safety files accordingly to be ready to use. Monitor safety files according to project completions & archive all completed documents from completed projects
Reports and Meetings
- Compile weekly reports on works completed / site visits / general compliance to company rules and compliance, safety file updates etc.
- Once a month, meet with Regional H&S Officer to discuss all topics mentioned above
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.