E-Learning Associate Director
- Ad Placed : 17 Jun 2019 02:30:36
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : Helen Wilson Recruitment
Other General Employment
Instil vision and set strategic direction for Technology Enabled Learning for organisation
Execute change engagement with internal and external stakeholders at an executive leel
Build up the suite of technology and services, in line with the vision and strategy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be a catalyst for new and innovative concepts in the digital education domain, and ensure these opportunities are maximised to the strategic benefit of the school.
- Set the standards for Instructional Design to be deployed across the school.
- Develop and maintain a network of suitable consultants, partners, service providers and suppliers to provide strategic input, design competencies, and additional capacity to bolster the core TEL team.
- Work with the business units to develop programmes and client relationships related to TEL-based solutions.
- Drive all functions within the division to ensure both new and existing services are delivered optimally.
- Manage overall performance of the TEL team.
- Set budgets and manage expenditure for TEL.
- Ensure all TEL physical and digital assets are optimally managed and deployed.
- Manage risk and contracts.
- Ensure that projects are appropriately resourced and comply with suitable management frameworks.
- Capacity to present on educational technology and associated fields at internal and external conferences, workshops and events.
- Inclination to research and stay at the leading edge of contemporary thinking in education broadly, and edu-tech specifically.
Absolutely essential QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Education, Technology or other appropriate field.
- Suitable qualifications, certifications, and / or portfolio of evidence demonstrating deep competencies in technical areas such as:
Instructional design, eLearning design, and ideally even software development (web design), MOOC platforms, and the like.
- At least five years leading an educational technology team at a strategic level, either in corporate or in academia.
- Significant expertise in Educational Technology
- Team Leadership and Management is absolutely essential
- Evidence of extensive practical experience implementing, delivering and using educational technologies.
- Ideally experience in both corporate L&D and Academia.
- Experience in commercialisation of educational products.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design, both practical and theoretical.
- Extensive knowledge of edu-tech, TEL and digital solutions, specifically: Ed-Tech systems and solutions, such as Learning Management Systems (preferably both Academic and Corporate), LRS, Classroom Support Technologies (e.g. Audio-visual equipment, student quiz systems, and the like).
- Integration technologies, e.g. xAPI, LTI.
- Modern education formats such as micro-Learning.
- Some experience with content, graphic, and user experience design.
- Significant instructional design experience in modern, commercial solutions.
- Extensive skills in learning design in multiple formats, such as planning and storyboarding, content design, faculty preparation, facilitation, and assessment.
- Must be a good writer and speaker.
- Some project management.
- Proficiency with educational design tools.
- Applicable general technical skills in areas such as ed-tech, web-development, graphic design, or publishing.
If you fit ALL of the requirements please send your CV in a Word format
If you have not received feedback within two weeks please presume your application has been unsuccessful
Please do not apply if you do not fit all of the requirements.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.