- Ad Placed : 22 Oct 2020 03:31:10
- Remuneration : R 30000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Germiston
- Company : Qetello
Other General Employment
Together with our client we are recruiting for a Warehouse Manager to join their team in Germiston. The suitable candidate will have a management function to ensure operational efficiency, flexibility in order to exceed customer expectations in the warehouse. Be responsible for maximizing the warehouse performance in a safe, legal and cost-effective manner utilizing the available resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day management of warehouse staff.
- Planning, forecasting and estimation of workload and picks ensuring that all orders are processed for the day
- Ensure company's targets and objectives are met.
- Ensure staff comply with health, safety and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure internal delivery processes are adhered to, to support despatch time windows.
- Identify errors and eliminate root cause using robust counter-measures.
- Provide a safe working environment, i.e. SHE procedures. Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, storage and despatch of goods.
- Control of forklift driver to ensure full operational capacity and achieve daily targets.
- Ensure orders are processed efficiently, and that the delivery of goods meets the customers’ timeframes / requirements.
- Ensure security of warehouse environment and maintain access control.
- Ensure orders are processed efficiently, and that the delivery of goods meets the customer’s time frames / requirements.
- Supervise and control order picking, goods in and goods out with accuracy and minimum handling and stock damage.
- Organise, facilitate and manage stock takes and cycle counts at set times.
- Responsible for driving "Standard Work" and a "Right First Time" product to customer.
- Deliver efficiencies to support year on year operational budget reduction
- Implement warehouse and management systems and working practices in line with best practice and continuous improvement.
- Monitor and maintain stock accuracy by ensuring the physical stock is in line with the warehouse management system and ensure all stock movements are recorded to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor and review operational methods to facilitate both qualitative and quantitative improvements within the operation whilst ensuring continuous customer service.
- Maintain the management of supplier return packaging.
- Manage stock rotation, Lot numbers and expiries.
- Ensure all stock is allocated to bins, control and management of bins
- Administer holidays, sickness and timekeeping effectively. Deal with all personnel issues on shift in line with Company Policy.
- Supervise the warehouse team and manage day to day warehouse operations
- Minimum 5 years’ Management or Supervisory experience
- Must have experience in managing a warehouse
- Literate in English
- Guide influence and direct people in such a way that outputs are performed
- Ability to plan, lead, organise and control to achieve objectives
- Analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Proactive approach to find innovative solutions, able to multi task and prioritise
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of warehouse operations, binning and all responsible areas i.e. picking, packing, checking dispatch
- Computer literate and warehouse program experience and advantage
- Must be willing to work shifts and extended hours where required
- Must have own transport
- May be required to do work not related to the job description
- Fast Thinker
- Problem Solver
- Hard working, reliable and integrity
- Thriving under pressure
- R 30 000.00 CTC per month depending on experience
- Medical aid and Provident fund contribution after probation period
If you meet the above requirements and would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com REF: Warehouse Manager
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.