Business Analyst (Systems Development)
- Ad Placed : 10 Dec 2019 23:31:01 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 400 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : People Dimension
A reputable insurance company located in Sandton is seeking a Business Analyst with 3-5 years experience in systems/development analysis to join their team on a year contract.
A reputable insurance company located in Sandton is seeking a Business Analyst with 3-5 years experience in systems/development analysis to join their team for a one year contract.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to:
- Gathers requirements from business on big and small projects
- Drafts and gets peer buy-in for functional requirements specifications
- Document the functional requirements in EA according to the approved standards
- Document the configuration required in the approved configuration tool
- Reviews unit testing pack
- Facilitates UAT and JAD session for implementation and roll out.
- Oversees and reviews post implementation testing, support and maintenance
- Produce an accurate Customer Requirements document with approval from all stakeholders
- Accurately document functional requirements specifications clearly defining project objectives
- Review the approved CRS and PRS with the development team. If required, revert back to client or other stakeholders if technical issues require business decisions in order to proceed. Answer queries from the development team on business or functional aspects of the required solution.
- Defends the client business requirements.
- Identifies and design a set of test cases/scripts, test scenario's and test data sets to accompany the PRS.
- Validates the PRS and Test Basket with the client and identified stakeholders and obtain sign-off. Presentations and walk-through discussion. Obtain sign-off on CRS.
- Perform project estimation for BA tasks
- Make recommendations for requirements approaches
- Present to senior stakeholder
Qualifications and experience:
- Processes: ITIL (Incident, Change, Release, Problem Management), CMMI
- Technologies: Enterprise architect, SoapUI / REST, XML, JSON, SQL
- Other: Software architecture, facilitating JAD sessions, data modelling techniques, UML Process Design, Industry compliance standards and legislation
- Scrum master/project management experience beneficial
- 2 - 5 years solid Business Analysis experience.
- Business experience and product knowledge (Advantageous)
- Integration experience with 3rd party vendors or multiple inter-dependencies (Advantageous)
- Triaging, facilitating and supporting of defects with the testing and UAT teams,
- High level understanding of open source and Microservices architecture,
- BPMN exposure
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Process Champion
- Customer Champion
- Risk Mitigation
- Solutions driven
- Knowledge Manager
- Project Manager
- Problem Solver
- Values Driven
- Driven for Results
- Learning on the Fly
- Instils Trust
- People Savvy
Technical Competencies or Knowledge
- Project Management
- Business writing skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Process mapping
- Stakeholder management
- Change control
- Software Testing
- BPMN 2.0
- UML Modelling
- Data modelling
- Use Cases
- Requirements definition
- User Story definition
- Webservices exposure
- Data modeling
- Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Agile project delivery
R 40 per hour
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.