- Ad Placed : 14 Nov 2019 11:30:26 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : Boardroom Appointments
Our client based in Johannesburg is looking for a Legal Specialist who will provide support in the delivery of reliable, accurate, timely and well-informed collection strategies for arrears, prospective tenant vetting and general legal support to the company.
Education and Minimum Requirements
- Grade 12 / Matric
- LLB Degree/ Equivalent Qualification and Admitted Attorney of the High Court
- B. Com Degree
- Certificate in Debt Collection
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in debt collection.
- Minimum of 5 years of prospective tenant vetting (profiling) experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the property industry
- Analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organising
- Commercial orientation
- Mechanical reasoning
- Strategic Analysis
- Debt Collection
- Develop and introduce debt collection strategies to improve collections of arrear rentals due to Landlords.
- Consistently review and improve strategies to ensure that the finance department work within the legislative framework when engaging in debt collections activities.
- Advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures in respect of debt collection.
- Implement early detection, management and escalation processes to identify risky debtors and to mitigate and /or minimise potential losses to Landlords
- Prioritise accounts according to approved risk categories to maximise collections.
- Take decisive action on irregular/defaulting tenant accounts.
- Review, negotiate and analyse settlement proposals to obtain the best possible settlement proposal.
- Liaise with other departments and co-ordinate comments and recommendations on settlement proposals. Upon approval of settlement proposals, ensure signature and implementation of settlement agreements.
- Liaise with, manage, monitor and coordinate instructions on litigation services provided by panel of attorneys.
- Maintain an arms-length relationship with panel of attorneys, including managing turnaround times of instructions.
- Conduct quarterly performance assessment of panel of attorneys against pre-agreed key performance indicators
- Pre-screening, analysing and recommendation to contract with prospective Tenants
- Review and oversee implementation of approved vetting procedure and recommend enhancements as and when required.
- Implement mechanisms to mitigate against the entire risk of and related exposures when assessing applications and requests from potential tenants.
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.zafor more details and to register your C.V.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.