- Ad Placed : 09 Nov 2019 23:30:11 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : Boardroom Appointments
Our client based in Meyeton is looking for a Production Manager to plan, organize and coordinate activities and programs aimed at the efficient operations of the refinery production units.
Education and Minimum Requirements
- Grade 12 / Matric
- B Tech / Degree Chemical Engineering or Production Management
- Process Engineering qualifications would be an advantage
- 5 years manufacturing operations experience
- 3 years Production Management experience
- Experience in food processing environments would be an advantage managerial experience gained in continuous processing environments.
- Refinery process knowledge and innovation
- Effectively lead diverse team and also operating as member of a diverse team
- Ability to build an integrated team based on an understanding of roles, skills and diversity needs
- Talent and performance management
- Balancing of upstream and downstream production processes
- Process capability and impact on final production
- Plant performance measurement
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Understanding safety and risk control
- Effective communication skills and building effective relationships with various stakeholders
- Financial management and cost control measures
- Achieves results through others with optimal use of resources
- Gives input into budgeting, monitors cash flow and reporting
- Clearly communicates business values, company strategic goals and departmental goals.
- Responsible for the performance management of team members and providing appropriate feedback relating to department goals and team members.
- Responsible for developing, coaching and mentoring team
- Delegates tasks/areas of responsibility in accordance with team strengths and development areas
- Planning and distribution of team activities
- Streamlines work Instructions
- Ensures team operates within SHEQ and ISO Standards
- Mapping and drives activities/workflow processes to ensure value add in department.
- Ensure adequate availability of tools, resources (incl. raw materials) and training to the team
- To manage variable cost through efficient use of chemicals and utilities
- Ensure effluent losses are reduced and controlled from the plant.
- Understand customer needs and supplier contributions to drive operational results
- Listen to, accurately captures and actions customers’ expectations, ideas and concerns
- Builds effective working relationship with key stakeholders
- Ensures team focus on food safety, health, environment and community activities and measures
- Ensures appropriate closure of safety & environmental incidents. And non-conformances
- Ensure safety risks in plant reviews are conducted as scheduled.
- Implement functional / departmental strategy to support over mill strategy.
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.zafor more details and to register your C.V.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.