Clinical Mentor - UNITAID PrEP Project (FTC) RHI
- Ad Placed : 10 Dec 2019 00:00:03 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Contract
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Medical
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Clinical Mentor - UNITAID PrEP Project (FTC) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in Parktown - Johannesburg.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand. We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology. We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders. Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- Complete responsibility for all training and educational activities and vested with authority commensurate at the organization level in accordance with policies and controls
- This is a junior contract position, which requires experience in clinical knowledge, as well as nursing qualifications with specific emphasis on NIMART certificate, PrEP exposure and training
- The Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) project requires the services of three (3) Professional Nurse Clinical Mentors that will be responsible for mentoring and coaching staff at both fixed and mobile clinics
- The candidates will be responsible for the day-to-day mentoring activities within a cluster in Mthatha, Port Elizabeth, Durban and Tshwane
- 8 Blackwood, Parktown
Key performance areas
- Identify gaps in clinical guideline implementation at the facility level and develop plans to address these
- Identify training needs of Wits RHI team and DoH / facility staff
- Liaise with the training manager to address training needs
- Support the implementation of clinical guidelines at the facility level through on-site mentoring support and contribute to achievement of priority programmes targets
- Strengthen and support referral systems classroom/ off site training and on the job training to ensure skills transfer and competency
- Support the implementation of Comprehensive SRH including PrEP
- Provide ongoing mentorship and coaching
- Support the facilitation of formal clinical training as required
- Support the Training Team to monitor the implementation of training activities
- Review developmental plan on monthly and regular basis
- Prepare for training and ensure familiar with training content and methodologies
- Facilitate courses according to plan at high quality
- Assess participant learning during courses and via assessment processes
- Train clinical and non-clinical colleagues on guideline changes and new modules when required
- Participate in ongoing mentorship programmes initiated by other Wits RHI stakeholders
- Ensure all completed registers, assessments and evaluations are returned from courses and hard copies provided to the relevant training administrator
- Provide required clinical services to maintain expertise (Direct Service Delivery) and contribute to Project priorities
- Monitor the delivery and quality of training/ mentorship at the district/ facility level
- Participate in monitoring activities mandated by the Training team
- Participate in course reviews
- Complete training and mentoring reports including description and analysis of participant assessment and evaluation and communicate report to relevant stakeholders
- Work with the training team management and other relevant stakeholders to assess the effectiveness of training interventions via evaluation projects and communicate results and recommendations
- Work with DoH Regional Training Centres to identify potential mentors / trainers for for facility and community training and agree on a plan for training of trainers
- Train, assess and mentor potential trainers/mentors
Required minimum education and training
- Appropriate degree in Nursing with minimum of two (2) years post training experience in a clinic setting
- At least 6 months of experience working in PrEP or clear understanding of PrEP
- Certified clinical (NIMART, APC/PC101 and HTS) Mentor
- Mentoring skills
Required minimum work experience
- Previous Minimum 4 years experience in public health and HIV Management, 2 years’ clinical training experience (HIV/TB/SRH including PrEP), 1-year clinical mentoring experience
Professional body registration
- South African Nursing Council
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Certification in NIMART
- Sound technical knowledge PMTCT, TB-HIV integration, Paediatric treatment and care
- Knowledge of national and provincial health structures
- Experience working in a donor funded organisation / NGO or project-based environment
- Qualification or experience in training, mentoring, project management and quality improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of clinical systems and data management. Exceptional organizational, administrative and effective communication skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ordered and systematic in approach to tasks
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making
- Able to prioritise own workload and work towards deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to speak other African languages
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 09 December 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.