Professional Nurse (PHRU)
- Ad Placed : 04 Dec 2019 23:30:02 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Medical
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Professional Nurse vacancy is available at our client, Wits Health Consortium's Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) in Soweto - Johannesburg.
The Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) was established in 1996. The Perinatal HIV Research Unit has been involved in research, training, policy formation and advocacy in issues concerning HIV-positive women and their children.
In recent years the work of the unit has expanded beyond the original focus of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, to include treatment trials in adults and children, prevention research, psychosocial research and policy development. In addition the Unit has developed an HIV vaccine clinical trials unit (HVCTU) and started with HIV Vaccine Trials back in 2001.
The unit is recognised nationally and internationally as a leader in the field of research and policy in the area of mother-to-child transmission of HIV. It has also developed a reputation as a leading African research unit for clinical trials in adult and children with HIV, with one of the largest cohort.
Main purpose of the job
- To assist the study coordinator with all study related duties and to perform nursing procedures on participants of the respective research studies
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, Soweto
Key performance areas
- To make bookings/appointments for the study participants and completions of source documents & case reports files
- To follow-up participants who fail to attend their study visits
- To ensure laboratory kits are always available on site
- To ensure that blood specimens are taken to the laboratory timeously
- To ensure laboratory results are signed by the medical officer and filed correctly
- To ensure that all parents/caregivers have informed consent forms
- Collect biological samples (e.g. urine & oral swabs) from children process and ship specimens as per protocol
- Communicate and coordinate services with the clinic staff, X -ray department, laboratory etc.
- Provide direct clinical care and treatment oversight to the study participants
- Communicate routinely as needed to the study coordinator and Principal investigator regarding clinical management of subjects
- Attend and resolve queries that are generated by data management staff
- Do proper filing of results and any other study related documents in the relevant assigned place
Required minimum education and training
- Nursing diploma/degree
- Qualified as a Professional Nurse
- Valid Driver’s licence
Professional body registration
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council
Required minimum work experience
- 1 Year experience in research environment
- Research experience and knowledge in pediatrics
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- GCP Certification
- Computer Literacy
- Empathy and Understanding to patients
- Supervisory skills and Staff management experience required
- Ability to speak local languages
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 04 December 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.