Medical Scientist - Senior (FTC ends 31 Dec 2020)
- Ad Placed : 22 Nov 2019 23:30:04 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Contract
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Medical
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Medical Research and Development Scientist - Senior (FTC ending 31 December 2020) vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium in Parktown - Johannesburg.
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited ("WHC") is a wholly owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
Main purpose of the job
- Translate laboratory research outputs into implementable science to impact on large HIV and TB health programs in the region
- This position will involve managing a portfolio of innovations that impact across the pathology laboratory value chain
- Research and development using a systems approach to diagnostics is key to the success of translating novel innovations to impact on patient care and address Global Health targets
- The Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology (DMMH), Parktown
Key performance areas
- Conduct, co-ordinate and monitor research and development projects, across a range of settings from primary health clinics to high technology molecular laboratories, to ensure that key outcome indicators are met as per the scientific protocol
- Develop and write new research proposals, protocols, manage ethics and other approval processes to ensure scientific rigour of the research and development conducted
- Engage with key opinion leaders and external technology and industry partners on project design, management and progress monitoring and reporting
- Design data collection tools and analyse data using statistical software to interpret the scientific hypotheses
- Continue to update the innovation landscape through relevant literature reviews
- Write and present scientific reports and manuscripts for submission to scientific, peer reviewed journals and abstract driven conferences to disseminate knowledge
- Arrange meetings and workshops for visiting research collaborators to facilitate the above objectives
- Teach and train post-graduate students and scientific and medical personnel (internal and external) in research skills in order to develop research capacity
Required minimum education and training
- PhD in a related Science degree
Required minimum work experience
- 5 years post qualification with 3 years’ supervisory experience
Additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Ability to problem solve and engage with multi-disciplinary teams across the laboratory value chain, including patients, scientists, doctors, engineers, international stakeholders and commercial industry partners
- Laboratory experience focused on global health priority diseases and expertise in molecular diagnostics
- Experience in project management is as advantage
- Experienced in implementation and translational science (putting science into action)
- Experience in Good Clinical Laboratory Practice
- Experience in presentation at scientific forums and good publication and teaching record
- Ability to travel to clinical sites and collaborating sites, internationally
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) advantageous
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 22 November 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.