LEGAL MANAGER (SANDTON)
- Ad Placed : 25 Dec 2019 23:30:46 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Legal
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : MPRTC Recruitment
A Corporate Mining concern in Sandton is seeking a Legal Manager with experience in the Coal Mining industry
- Must have an LLB Degree
- Experience working within a Coal Mining environment
- Knowledge of Land Access / Lease Agreements with land owners in relation to mining operations
- Experience managing disputes and litigation and briefing external counsels
- Labour Law knowledge
- Commercial drafting, including Mining Services Agreement, Services Agreements in respect of Weighbridge Construction, Fuel Supply, Road Works and Maintenance.
- Health and Safety drafting various appointment letters in accordance with the relevant legislation and regulations, including employer representatives, mine manager, subordinate managers, engineers, medical practitioner, occupational hygienist and safety officer. Drafting of Health and Safety Agreements pertaining to contractors. Drafting of HSE Policy. Liaising with Department of Mineral Resources in respect of operations.
- Providing opinions on the application of relevant legislation, including the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996 ( MHSA ), Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act 28 of 2002, National Environmental Management Act 107 of 1998, National Heritage Act 25 of 1999.
- Group Compliance and Company Secretarial functions
- Mass Coal Supply Agreements
- Fuel Supply Agreements
- Labour Law advice
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Memorandums of Understanding
- Liaising with and forging relationships with government departments
- Assess and manage risk and providing advice, guidance and implementation of strategy
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and provided practical training to relevant persons
- Oversee and implement group company compliance
Please take note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.