IT Systems Analyst (12 Months FTC)
- Ad Placed : 01 Nov 2019 00:00:04 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Contract
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : IT/Computer
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : AJ Personnel
An IT Systems Analyst (12 Months FTC) vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium in Parktown - Johannesburg.
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited ("WHC") is a wholly owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
Main purpose of the job
- WHC -Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology (DMMH) is looking for a suitable incumbent to assist in either upgrading or creating a roadmap for a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), or an equivalent electronic resulting system
- The incumbent will be required to perform an initial LIMS/electronic laboratory resulting GAP analysis for each African country identified by DMMH, then collaboratively propose and/or implement an appropriate solution into that country
- The ideal incumbent should be creative in their functional and technical strategy towards a proposed resulting system as each country varies in their level of connectivity sophistication and thus a ‘one solution fits all’ may not apply
- WHC-DMMH, Parktown, Johannesburg
Key performance areas
- Foster close relationships with the various Ministries of Health, in-country partners and other relevant stakeholders in order to allow for a close collaboration to ensure high-quality viral load test resulting within each country
- Compile functional requirements, technical specification and design to ensure that programs are aligned to and address the needs in each country
- Ensure that system solutions are developed in line with technical specifications to ensure that solutions meet business requirements
- Ensure that all relevant technical documentation and training notes are created, distributed and stored appropriately
- Develop system implementation plans and project manage the implementation of systems
- Create test cases and test solutions to ensure that required standards and objectives are met
- Provide training to relevant stakeholders to ensure that they understand and achieve optimal system utilisation
- Monitor and evaluate the LIMS/electronic resulting system in order to ensure accurate data reporting
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports including power point presentations as requested by management
- Frequent travel to the specified African countries is expected
Required minimum education and training
- IT Degree/ IT National Diploma or NQF level equivalent is essential
- Business Analysis qualification is advantageous
Required minimum work experience
- 2-4 years IT system support experience is required
- Experience in medical pathology laboratories is essential
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Good understanding of systems development life cycle methodology
- Takes ownership of and resolve very complex IT problems in a way that demonstrates balanced judgement
- The ability to develop creative solutions to LIMS and laboratory resulting within appropriate time frames
- Must be results driven by displaying a strong tenacity, sense of urgency and drive to see things through to successful conclusions
- Must be able to work collaboratively, and frequently initiate and pursue professional relationships, with Ministries of Health and in- country partners
- Maintain awareness of developments in the rapidly moving IT industry and quickly apply this knowledge, if need be
- Have the ability to anticipate problems and identify, advise or implement a new and unique way to ensure high-quality service levels
- Excellent problem solving/conflict management skills
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to travel frequently into Africa
- Valid passport
- Valid driver’s license.
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 31 October 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.