Chief Information Officer
- Ad Placed : 14 Nov 2019 21:01:24 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : IT/Computer
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : Objective Personnel
CIO required to play crucial part of digital transformation which includes developing the relevant strategies for cloud computing, big data analytics, mobile computing and collaboration platforms.
- Postgraduate Qualification in Information Technology or in a Business-related field (e.g. MBA) (Essential)
- 10 year's work experience in a large IT environment with a strong technical background delivering and improving IT services across a variety of technologies (Essential)
- 5 year's senior management experience (Essential)
- Extensive experience in IT Vendor Management (Essential)
- Extensive experience in Enterprise Architecture (Essential)
- Previous experience in a CIO role (Desirable)
- Experience in the Aviation Industry (Desirable)
- Strategic planning skills: Develop and implement strategies and plans to help a business achieve its objectives.
- Leadership skills: Managing and leading a large team.
- Interpersonal skills: Must be able to work effectively with leaders in different business units to ensure a comprehensive Information Technology strategy that benefits the entire organisation.
- Change management skills: Must adapt to advances in technology in order to succeed, and lead the business in this change
- Define a Group IT strategy in accordance with business and technological drivers and promote best practice guidelines through continuous improvement
- Ensure that The company remains on the cutting edge of innovation by researching and recommending appropriate technology investments in line with the latest developments and trends.
- Development, delivery and management of all IT services, support and solutions
- Set IT service goals and strategy in alignment with those of the Group
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders across the Group, ensuring that the IT Portfolio of Services continually align with business needs
- Provide support, insight and consultation services to business areas with regards to IT solutions, business decisions and business process improvement
- Management and co-ordination of teams (internal and outsourced), initiatives and activities across the IT Services area (infrastructure, operations, end-user computing and support)
- Drive and direct strategic initiatives and material cross domain technology investments through the delivery of projects in accordance with business requirements and agreed project timelines.
- Define and implement industry leading practices, policies and processes in terms of IT portfolio management, IT Risk management and governance, technology architecture etc. to ensure that appropriate IT governance and controls are in place
- Negotiate with vendors/partners through clear statements of work ensuring that the guiding principles for partnership are clear
- Ensure that the full benefits from agreements with third parties are realised and optimised by managing performance against service level agreements (SLAs) / work specifications
- Supervise and co-ordinate relationship with relevant vendors/partners including contract amendments/ issues and/or dispute resolution
- Manage procurement, licensing, asset management and annual budgets
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.