Head of IT
- Ad Placed : 16 Nov 2019 23:30:08 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : IT/Computer
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : Boardroom Appointments
Our client based in Johannesburg is looking for a Head of IT who oversees all technology services, product analysis, and software architecture activities. As well, this role is responsible for owning rapid development processes, and managing a focused rapid development team in its development of the Companyâs products and technology to help drive the business forward.
Education and Minimum Requirements
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Degree/Diploma/Suitable Experience
- At least 5 year experience in a related role
- Solid understanding of project management practices and principles
- Strong computer literacy in relevant applications
- Excellent understanding IT business processes and procedures
- Excellent understanding of Risk Management
- Basic knowledge of human behaviour and performance elements
- Excellent understanding of project communication techniques
- Solid understanding of legislative, policy and regulatory frameworks
- Excellent understanding of planning principles, tools and techniques
- Excellent understanding of project cost management practices and principles
- Excellent understanding of Quality Management systems
- Involved in IT related aspects of all company and group construction and renovation projects
- Responsible to lead a focused development team to the completion of design and development under aggressive timelines.
- Define standards, policies, procedures, measures, and organizational enhancements to meet company goals.
- Develop and monitor department budgets and forecasts.
- Establish key performance indicators
- Mentor staff members in order to assist them in cultivating their skills.
- Establish compensation, training, short and long-term goals.
- Review technical designs created for conformance to development standards, appropriate design choices.
- Create technical design for large and complicated projects.
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations and decisions on inclusion into the development methodologies and product architecture.
- Create implementation plan and documentation to be followed by development staff.
- Research and evaluate third party software for usage in development lifecycle to aid efficiency and/or quality.
- Define design documentation methodology and philosophy.
- Utilize ingenuity and inventive thinking to evaluate options for design and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customers’ best interest.
- Responsible for information technology throughout the organization, and all facets of information technology management and control, including planning, recommendations for technical acquisitions, and development of guidelines, standards, and procedures. The information technology infrastructure includes all hardware and software, owned, or leased, including multiple operating systems, and data communications.
- Provide direction for all telecommunications and infrastructure services which includes hardware installation, repair, replacement, connection, monitoring, security, backups, and training services and telephone equipment.
- Organize the human, technological and financial resources necessary to maintain and grow the technological infrastructure of the company to meet present and future needs. Responsible for the annual technology plan/budget.
- Provide the leadership for the continued evaluation and updating of the company’s web site.
- Provide technical support and help desk services for faculty, staff and students. This includes the continuation of the computer life cycle program that ensures the faculty and staffs have up-to-date PC’s with standard software applications.
- Oversee research, coordination, and preparation of specifications for RFQs and RFPs and recommendations for hardware, software, and service acquisitions, in conjunction with the business office.
- Development of guidelines, procedures, and standards within the information technology department and as they relate to the use of information technology within the college.
- To demonstrate institutional effectiveness through written documentation of planning, process and evaluation of information technology.
- Be involved in a larger group IT team with shared goals to achieve group initiatives
- Be closely aligned with CIO and group strategy to ensure common goals and objectives are maintained throughout.
- Ensure the well-being of the staff member under their management as well as perform annual performance appraisal on each IT Staff member in their reporting area.
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.zafor more details and to register your C.V.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.