General Accounting Manager (Shared Services)
- Ad Placed : 20 Feb 2020 00:00:20 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 850 - R 950 - PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Finance/Accounting
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : Smith Garb
Mining Head Office, has an exciting opportunity for a General Accounting and AP Manager to join their team. Be responsible for overseeing the AP and ensure effective and efficient processing of AP transactions and reconciling the AP Ledger. Manage a staff of 7 Junior Accountants. Management experience essential.
Position requires an EE CA(SA) with a minimum of 2-5 years related experience within a Shared Services environment. KPA's include:
- Track and monitor performance of AP processes against KPIs.
- Liaise with the Service and Continuous Improvement Manager to identify gaps and opportunities for AP process optimisation.
- Provide input into the design of new/changed AP processes to ensure compliance to either legislative or business requirement changes.
- Communicate and train stakeholders on newly designed/changed AP processes/systems in collaboration with the Services and Continuous Improvement Manager.
- Participate in governance meetings with Service and Continuous Improvement Manager and other process owners.
- Review and authorise AP journals for corrections (RSA only).
- Ensure that month-end and financial year-end time tables for AP are adhered to.
- Perform the closure of AP sub ledgers.
- Review AP control account reconciliations.
- Engage with vendor with regard to overdue invoices or escalate to various country finance representatives.
- Liaise with Procurement regarding opportunities to make use of early settlements.
- Address and resolve queries raised by vendors and or country representatives via call and query handling system.
- Implement and monitor compliance with AP policies and procedures.
- Implement and monitor corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with SLA criteria (specific to area of responsibility).
- Comply with Safety, Health and Environment standards.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team to drive a high performance culture.
- Monitor team delivery and performance in line with SLAs.
- Set individual and team KPIs and provide regular performance feedback through a well-defined and implemented performance review program.
- Develop and implement training initiatives for staff in order to build and develop skills within the team.
- Ensure open communication channels to staff and implement change management interventions where necessary.
- Review audit plan and audit instructions and distribute to team.
- Determine framework of controls, procedures and supporting documentation for the audit process.
- Gather requested documentation and reports for the internal / external auditor.
- Resolve audit queries and audit adjustments and discuss with internal / external auditor where required
In-depth knowledge of IFRS, ability to understand and apply financial policies, procedures and processes specific to the company, with advanced SAP. Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this fantastic opportunity.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.