Snr Financial Controller
- Ad Placed : 31 Jan 2020 23:30:19 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 800 - R 800 - PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Finance/Accounting
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : Smith Garb
Multi-National concern has an opening for a Senior Financial Controller to join their team. Position is to be based in the South of Johannesburg and requires a completed B.Com (Accounting) degree, plus studying towards or completed a CIMA qualification.
Position reports directly to the CFO. Minimum of 3-5 years related experience in a similar role, from either of the following industries : Engineering, Construction or Mining sectors. Solid SAP experience as well as experience within a Multi-National concern essential. KPA's include:
Management Accounts and Reporting
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts which includes
- Operating Results: Actual vs. Budget
- Sales: Actual vs. Budget
- Operating Expenses: Actual vs. Budget
- Updating of all the reporting packs, systems and spreadsheets
- Investigate and report on all the key variances monthly by product line
- Analysis of business performance on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis using key performance ratios.
- Costing of contracts by taking into account the impact of the following:
- Material Cost prices
- Foreign Exchange
- Shipping costs
- Transportation costs
- Costs escalations
- Review and analysis of the following in respect of all contracts
- Price Estimates
- Cost Estimates
- Profit Estimates
- Preparation of overheads recovery rates for absorption by product lines
- Setting up cost drivers for allocation of overheads to product lines
- Tracking and analysis of profitability of each contact against estimate
- Conduct Work in progress valuations
- Applying construction percentage of completion to calculate contract revenues and profitability
Cost Accounting & Job Costing
Inventory Accounting and Control
- Review and conduct the following in respect of stock
- Ensuring proper valuation of stock by taking into account the following:
- Stock obsolescence provision
- Applying weighted average valuation method
- Applying IAS, GAAP principles to stock valuation
- Setting up, monitoring and review the internal controls on inventory
Annual Budgets and Forecasts
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Prepare monthly profit forecasts
Preparation Of Annual Financial Statements
- Participate in the preparation of annual financial statements
- Extensive liaison with external auditors
Managing The Liquidity Of The Business
- Assisting towards improving the overall cash flow business through
- Effective Net Working Capital Management
- Assisting the regional operations in achieving the strategic goals
- Ensure that the overall internal controls set up are effective in assisting the organization to achieve its financial and strategic goals
- Interacting extensively with all the support departments in ensuring that they contribute towards achieving the organizational goals
- Perform any other ad hoc duties assigned by management from time to time
- Manage the accounts department. Both the accounts that are payable, and also the ones that receive money
- Responsible for all the operations of the direct reports.
Plans the technical and financial matters of the department.
Successful incumbent must be willing to work long hours over month-end and must understand operations as well as come from a Controlling environment.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity, please email your cv to email@example.com or call (011) 315 9900 to discuss the role.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.