- Ad Placed : 07 Jan 2020 18:32:49 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 400000 - PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Contract
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Finance/Accounting
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
This global leader is currently looking for a Project Accountant to fill their 6 month contract. Reporting to the Project Accounting Manager you will need the following requirements:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Min B.Com Degree.
- Min 3 years Project Accounting experience (Automotive/manufacturing environment would be advantageous).
- Inventory analysis and reporting - monthly analysis and reporting of project WIP and raw material to ensure completeness and accuracy of numbers reported. Also expected to participate in monthly and yearly stock counts.
- Working capital management - assist in the implementation of working capital management tools in order to improve cash flow reporting.
- Project Sales and Revenue - monthly reporting of project sales, i.e. monitoring of invoices and ensure revenue is reported in accordance with requirements of IFRS 15.
- Hours accounting management - calculation of the recovery rates and monthly analysis and reporting of over or under recoveries. Assist in ensuring accuracy and completeness of project hours.
- Project reporting - preparation of the monthly project status review packs to be presented at Executive level.
- Project cost control - preparation of detailed analysis and reporting of project costs versus the budgets and quarterly forecast.
- RBA Bids - detailed review of the bids costing for Programme Managers, to ensure accuracy of the calculation (i.e. price and cash flow calc.) to be presented at Executive level.
- GL management - preparation of monthly journals and recons.
- Forecast - weekly preparation of projects sales and margins forecast, weekly cash receipts forecast.
- Provide information required by Auditors for both the internal and external audits.
- Adhoc review of weekly and monthly supplier payments affecting project cash flow analysis.
- Perform adhoc tasks requested by Project Accounting Manager.
- Procedure documents - implementation and improving current process.
- Plan and co-ordinate the update of project accounting dashboards.
- Financial support to Programme Managers, e.g. attendance of programme meetings.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS, management accounting and advanced Excel skills.
- Deadline driven.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Must be able to work with cross functional teams to achieve results.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within the team.
- Business process improvement experience.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, numeracy skills.
- Must have own transport. Essential, as overtime will be worked.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.