- Ad Placed : 08 Nov 2019 23:30:02 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Finance/Accounting
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : AJ Personnel
An Accountant vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium in Parktown - Johannesburg.
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited ("WHC") is a wholly owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
Main purpose of the job
- To be responsible for the accounting function through the adherence of WHC accounting policies and procedures, as well as the review of all audit files and reconciliations and financial reporting
- Parktown, Johannesburg
Key performance areas
Effective review of finance transactions -:
- Update leave and retrenchment provision templates monthly and quarterly
- Holding account transfers
- WHC leave and retrenchment consolidation on monthly basis
- Liaises with payroll regarding consolidation regarding issues and corrections
- Ensure the adherence to the departmental and company financial requirements and take corrective action where necessary
- Compile reports for division and group as required
- Ensure the correct information is received to meet objectives
- Review & approve transactions, journal entries
- Ensure processing, administration & adhoc projects are completed accurately & timeously i.e. travelling to sites or supporting sub recipient visits and reports
- Build and maintain good client relationships
Accurate and comprehensive financial reporting -:
- Retrieve and compile the year to date financial records for the business unit
- Compile & distribute reports, ensuring accuracy and balancing for division and group
- Analyse records to ensure that the TB balances, balance sheet and income statement allocations are correct
- Keeps the Manager informed of issues and activities related to accounting systems and staff
Manage cashless systems -:
- Ewallet - Introduction, implements the system and function across all WHC syndicates, does training (inhouse and sites)
- FNB authoriser and administration back up for the cashless systems
- Reports on feedback of activities
Required minimum education and training
- BCom Accounting
Required minimum work experience
- 5 years Accounting experience, with extensive Microsoft Excel experience
Additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Experience on any accounting system is essential
- Must have a good understanding of accounting
- At least 3 years of managing staff experience will be advantageous
- Must be a team player and display effective self-management
- Must be organized, systematic, pro-active, adaptable, deadline driven and possess good time management skills
- Must be able to handle large volumes, prioritize & work under pressure with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, managers and clients
- Knowledge of grant funding is beneficial
- Overtime and Travel may be required
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 08 November 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.