- Ad Placed : 29 Nov 2019 23:31:08 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 28000 - R 35000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Finance/Accounting
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : Smith Garb
A Joburg based client in the Manufacturing and Packaging industry is looking for an Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following (amongst other duties):
- B. Com degree with accounting subjects
- Minimum 2 to 3 years work experience as an Accountant
- SAP experience (not negotiable)
- Assisting in preparing the month-end accounts up to Management Accounts
- Journaling standard monthly expenses into the accounts
- Maintaining the companies fixed asset register and calculating the depreciation charges
- Finance agreement and rental validation, control and reconciliation and input of all related accounts to the general ledger
- Determining prepayments and accruals figures to be accounted for
- VAT control, including reasonability tests and reconciliation between VAT return and general ledger
- Investigating unexpected variances in the Income Statement
- Setting up and maintaining monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of lead schedules for all relevant balance sheet accounts at financial year-end
- Overall reconciliation of the accounts to ensure that all costs and revenues have been accounted for
- Preparing and controlling paperwork for foreign payments
- Helping the Financial Manager with ad hoc assignments
This position is open to all individuals who meet the relevant minimum criteria.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kavita on 011 315 9900 for more information.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.