- Ad Placed : 22 Feb 2020 20:30:21 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Administration/PA/Secretary
- Region : Gauteng
- Company : PRO Personnel Employment Agency
Our client is currently looking for a office manager in the Midrand area
Office Manager Job Description
The Office Manager needs to manage, support and motivate our internal office sales staff. Our people need to have all information regarding their customers on hand so our Representatives in the field & customers feel really confident after they have spoken to them.
Critical success factors
- Managing of internal staff
- Our business and systems
- Our market & products
- Own development
1) Managing of internal staff
- Keep record of timekeeping and (sick)leave and take necessary disciplinary action.
- Avoid mistakes. Keep records of mistakes made by any staff and take necessary disciplinary action.
- Make sure people follow producers as agreed by management.
- Internal meetings per team, one on one meeting and reviews. Keep record of all interactions. Have a file per person.
- Say “Yes” and “No” to your staff clearly.
2) Our business and systems
- Understand the function of each department, each role and their needs and help them to achieve their goals.
- Know the Sale Strategy, Sales organogram, processes & procedures intimately.
- Understand our current system (pastel evolution, CRM, Excel, phone system, invoicing) and constantly look for improvements so our customer has a pleasant experience.
- Order, production and transport planning – keep orderbook clean.
- To have stock availability, stock being manufactured, stock released, transport and credit limit information accurate all the time.
- Credits, Refunds, Site complaint book, Return book, NCR’s, dead stock sheet.
- Share and discuss information with your manager
3) Our market & products
- Be able to describe our market; different channels, each customer type’s business to understand our customer needs (market definition).
- Know the products, relevant SANS standards, applications, installation, warrantees & terms and conditions.
- Be able to interact with the market in a mature way and provide technical support when required.
- Be available and support our representatives at all times.
- Know our competitors and products they offer.
- Realize that the market is always moving. Suggest new strategies.
4) Own development
- Describe your goals and put a timeline to them of when you want to achieve them. Follow them through.
- Discuss your learning, difficulties and possible solutions in your daily reports and in meetings with your manager.
- Matric (Math’s needs to be in order)
- Diploma related to this role
- MS Office Literate (Word & Excel)
- Be able to work as a team with others
- Able to follow an upset customer over the phone and see their situation.
- Able to respond objectively, warmly and patiently. Not a pushover to greedy demands.
- Be organized and detailed focused
- To be able to follow procedures
- Able to work under pressure.
- Fast leaner
- Must have stable record of employment in a position where computer work and the use of systems was part of the day.
- Must have worked in a service industry where interaction and follow up with customers was a daily task.
- Managing staff.
- Worked close to someone with professional background.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.