Study Coordinator (Professional Nurse) - (PHRU)
- Ad Placed : 03 Aug 2020 14:30:02 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Medical
- Region : Free State
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Study Coordinator (Professional Nurse) position is available at our client, Wits Health Consortium's Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) in Mangaung, Bloemfontein.
The Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) was established in 1996. The Perinatal HIV Research Unit has been involved in research, training, policy formation and advocacy in issues concerning HIV-positive women and their children.
In recent years the work of the unit has expanded beyond the original focus of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, to include treatment trials in adults and children, prevention research, psychosocial research and policy development. In addition the Unit has developed an HIV vaccine clinical trials unit (HVCTU) and started with HIV Vaccine Trials back in 2001.
The unit is recognised nationally and internationally as a leader in the field of research and policy in the area of mother-to-child transmission of HIV. It has also developed a reputation as a leading African research unit for clinical trials in adult and children with HIV, with one of the largest cohorts.
Main purpose of the job
To administer, maintain and coordinate the logistical aspect of various research studies according to Good Clinical Practice, study Protocol and Standard Operating Procedures and to act as a pivotal point of contact for the clinical trial team and the sponsor.
PHRU – Botshabelo District Hospital, Mangaung, Bloemfontein
Key performance areas
- Assist the Principal Investigator and Study team in the day-to-day running of the study
- Manage scheduled and unscheduled patient visits and appointments in accordance with study protocol
- Conduct protocol, SSP, and SOP training for staff
- Liaise with the PHRU regulatory department for the reporting of SAEs and protocol deviations etc.
- Stakeholder management with hospitals, local clinics and local communities
- Assist with study specimen collection (i.e. blood, urine, sputum).
- Collect - process and ship specimens as per protocol.
- Completion of Source Documentation and create and manage data quality plans and processes
- Complete relevant research questionnaires, assessments, CRF transcription.
- Review of participant files for completeness and quality control.
- Train staff on all aspects of the protocol
- Maintain and update the Investigator Site File
- Site supervision and staff management and ensuring workplace safety and efficiency of staff
- Compiling and submission of study progress reports
- Preferably healthcare background and able to do procedures confidently.
Required minimum education and training
- Qualified as Professional Nurse or other medical degree
- Experience as a study coordinator would be an advantage.
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council
- 2 years’ experience in a clinical research environment
- GCP certification
- Computer literacy – competence in MS Word and Excel essential
- Detail orientated
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Staff supervisory and management experience
- Self- starter able to make decisions
- The ability to speak local languages
- Able to exercise discretion and independent decision making
- Empathy and understanding for people living with TB and HIV/AIDS
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 07 August 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.