- Ad Placed : 06 Dec 2019 23:30:32 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Trade/Artisans/Technical
- Region : Eastern Cape
- Company : King Recruitment Solutions
Our client offering a large range of material handling equipment is seeking a Technician to join their team. The purpose of the position is to maintain, service and repair material handling equipment, systems and products on company premises in a timely and cost-effective manner so that customer and company requirements are met and maintain vehicle records.
Open position : Technician
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent position
Reporting to : Aftermarket Manager
Job requirements :
- Matric, Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Qualified Diesel and / or Petrol Mechanic, plus experience with forklifts or similar material handling equipment; OR Qualified Forklift Mechanic; OR Qualified Auto Electrician with mechanical experience and abilities.
- Relevant mechanical, hydraulic and electrical experience pertaining to forklifts
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems are essential.
- Must be willing to travel to remote areas
- Ability to understand and follow safety measures and precautions
- Ability to interpret and apply technical information
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, operations manuals and manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to identify and correctly utilise relevant diagnostic equipment and specialised tools
- Must be of sober habits, have high energy levels and general good health
- Physically able to carry, lift, and move heavy objects; must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Servicing of material handling equipment and maintaining forklift serviceability to specified standards and according to set procedures by delivering quality service / maintenance.
- Perform accurate diagnosis / troubleshooting in event of breakdown of equipment; communicate what repairs are needed by advising customer and/or supervisor.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance and operational data / history by updating and timeously communicating information that must go on record.
- Provide complete customer satisfaction in a polite and professional manner.
- Ensure proper communication between self, workshop staff (supervisor and controller) and customer.
- Ensure OHSACT & ASEC requirements are met in all actions on company and client premises; maintains a safe work environment by verifying vehicle safety device operations, following standards and procedures and in general complying with legal regulation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Carry out fault finding on electrical and electronic systems incorporated in fork trucks
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.