Marketing Destination Officer
- Ad Placed : 30 Nov 2019 23:30:07 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Tourism/Hospitality
- Region : Eastern Cape
- Company : Dynamic Talent Aquisition
An exciting opportunity - we are recruiting for a Marketing Destination Officer for our client in Grahamstown.
The successful candidate will be responsible for research, planning and executing marketing, promotion, fundraising and public relations activities.
This position reports directly to the Director.
- A national diploma or degree in Marketing or Public Relations (PR)
- At least five (5) years’ relevant marketing and PR experience in the Tourism industry (preferably with exposure to conferencing and events (MICE)).
- Knowledge of the marketing environment surrounding MICE
- Excellent Writing skills
- High Attention to detail
- Understanding of brand application
- Good Negotiation skills
- Computer literate – Windows, Email, PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets etc
- Own transport and valid driver’s licence
• Assist with the compilation of the annual media and promotions plan and budget
• Monitor media and suggest the placing of advertisements – update, produce and distribute marketing materials
• Maintain accurate records and report on all marketing activities
• Produce and distribute press releases and other communication to gain maximum positive exposure
• Remain aware of tourism developments in the local and international markets pertaining to the region and contribute to the annual business and marketing strategic planning
• Plan, coordinate and implement tourism promotions
• Monitor and coordinate brand application and compliance on all material visible to clients and stakeholders
• Undertake fundraising initiatives with board members and tourism stakeholders and keep records
• Represent our client at networking events and trade shows
• Source, coordinate and manage services from marketing roviders
• Increase Tourism membership
• Liaise with Tourism members to motivate marketing initiatives for their products and services to provide a holistic tourism experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.