- Ad Placed : 25 Dec 2019 23:30:24 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Eastern Cape
- Company : King Recruitment Solutions
Our client within the automotive manufacturing industry is seeking a Production Manager to join their team.
URGENT POSITION--- CLOSING SOON!
Open position : Production Manager
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent position
Equity position : Yes
Job requirements :
- Diploma / Degree in Operations Management / Engineering, Quality or Commercial
- 8 years+ relevant experience in a manufacturing environment in a Senior role
- 5 years+ leadership experience
- 5 years+ project leadership experience
Duties include :
PRODUCTION AND QUALITY :
- Plan, organise, lead and control all production departments and support departments in order to achieve plant Delivery, Efficiency, Quality and Cost objectives, overall lead and driver for these KPIs
- Improve manpower utilization within existing departments and process through efficiency projects
- Sequencing stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies and machine utilizations
- Achievement of main KPIs which are Daily ticket, Scrap and Coverage.
- Analyse and improvement of all working procedures related to production and quality improvements
- Management, Coordination and troubleshooting of activities related to Daily Output.
- Introduction of projects related to production and efficiency improvements, steering, leading, and participating where required (Kaizen, VSM, CBS, 5S, etc).
- When it comes to subordinates - Handle all recruitment, discipline, reward and recognition, succession planning, development, training and retention related initiatives with the support of HR and in line with Company policies and procedures.
SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Issue procedures and work instructions
- Ensure implementation of measures, and maintain controls
- Raise awareness, ensure regular ESH training and provide information about ESH responsibilities and duties
- Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards.
- Demonstrate exemplary personal behaviour in ESH and motivate others
- Carry out regular inspection to ensure good Safety & Health system of work is in place
- Support company's Safety & Health Policy and comply with all its procedures.
ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Understand relevant environmental aspects in area of control and its impact on environment
- Support management team in meeting corporate environmental policy and complying with all local Legal requirements, procedures and operating instructions.
- Planning of Budget: Monthly and Annual Forecasts, Financial and manning
- Controlling of expenditure & overtime daily
- Capital Expenditure
- Creation of Capital request
- Ensure correct manning level
- Direct driver with his / her team to ensure process cost are below budget level.
- Efficiency drives and debottlenecking
- Process owner of Projects, new equipment, replacement or improvements
- CBS and CBT implementation
- Industrialization of products and processes
Candidates meeting the above criteria are invited to apply for the position by emailing their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No reply within 2 weeks indicates that you have been unsuccessful
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.