Divisional Financial Manager (Agriculture)
- Ad Placed : 30 Nov 2019 23:30:31 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Finance/Accounting
- Region : Eastern Cape
- Company : King Recruitment Solutions
A concern within the FMCG industry is seeking a Divisional Financial Manager to manage and oversee the financial activities of the Agriculture Division through driving down costs, highlighting variances to standard as well as identifying potential areas of improvement across the Eastern Cape Agriculture division.
Open position : Divisional Financial Manager (Agriculture)
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
Type : Permanent
Reporting to : Senior Divisional Financial Manager
Job requirements :
- BCom plus CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- 7 Years financial management, budget processes and cost control experience at a senior level, including experience in managing a team
- Strong leadership and financial managerial competencies.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of poultry finance methods.
- Good analytical skills and able to take corrective action.
- Contribute to/implement cost cutting methods.
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of Computer competence (Excel, Word, Access, Syspro)
- Must have a passion to succeed
- Leader who energizes those around him/ her
- Driven to achieve results and produce quality
- Do it right first time mind set
- Quick learner
- Assertive but approachable
- Hands-on approach
Duties include :
- Review and approve all purchase orders daily, to monitor expenses against budget and highlight over expenditure before it is approved by the Production Managers
- Communicate costs by farm per cycle to farm/area managers in monthly one-on-one meetings
- Consolidate costs in conjuction with the responsible financial persons from the various Agriculture departments
- Prepare monthly forecasts and manage the budgeting process for the Agriculture divisions
- Interrogate and sign off weekly Cashbook payments
- Review and evaluate financial viability of supplier payment terms in terms of discount offerings
- Review and analyse daily usage reports on utilities and production costs (Highlight and action corrective measures where deemed necessary)
- Produce monthly consolidated accounts by the third working day of each month and send out cost report, highlighting items over budget to the responsible persons in order to address (Propose corrective measures for re-alignment of annual costs)
- Review all key production results on a daily basis and highlight emerging trends
- Optimise and streamline all reports
- Manage and coordinate monthly stock takes, ultimately achieving zero variance on every stock take
- Perform two random Syspro audits per month on all transfers, issues and receipts, including non-conforming materials (Establish causes of any inconsistencies and address accordingly)
- Manage, coordinate and analyse weekly cycle counts and resolve any variances immediately
- Sign off monthly stock count variance report and confirm closing stock value for the month
- Continuously review finance SOP’s to ensure they are up to date and all staff understand and adhere to them (Make recommendations on opportunities for improved efficiencies)
- Facilitate continuous two-way communication with your team and evaluation of individual morale and engagement, evaluate the validity of any concerns, thus encouraging better performance
- Set S.M.A.R.T KPIs and objectives
- Assess performance as and when required
- Plan and implement staff training
- Review work performed on a regular basis providing guidance and feedback
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.