- Ad Placed : 21 Nov 2019 20:30:36 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Engineering
- Region : Eastern Cape
- Company : King Recruitment Solutions
A manufacturing concern is seeking a Machinist to support the manufacturing site with manufacturing machine parts in line with specifications, with the primary aim to maintain machine availability and improve uptime.
- Ensure availability of spares for manufacturing in line with planned maintenance schedule, to drive effective maintenance execution and improved machine uptime.
- Ensure adherence to all safety rules and regulations by all personnel and contractors on site to ensure a safe working environment.
- Participate in problem solving workshops and process improvement discussions to support MDW.
- Ensure that inspections on machine shop equipment are carried out in order to prevent unnecessary downtime.
- Assist with general maintenance in the plant, as required, to ensure maintenance scheduled adherence.
- To lead the team to achieve maximum throughput with minimum downtime and minimum defective products to achieve departmental and overall business goals.
- Ensure effective communication of relevant information to all stakeholders to support effective decision making for the business. (this is a generic objective that must be included in all profiles)
- Grade 12
- Qualified as a Fitter & Turner or Turner Machinist
- N2 Engineering Studies
- Ablility to read and work with Mechanical Drawings
- Analytical skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Self-driven and motivated
- Positive attitude
- 5 years post-apprentice experience within a machinist role
- Well experienced in turning and milling
- 5 years experience in manufacturing environment
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.