Maintenance Shift Leader
- Ad Placed : 05 Dec 2019 02:40:50
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Eastern Cape / East London
- Company : Abantu Staffing Solutions
Other General Employment
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who meet the following job specifications. Please note that only candidates who meet the inherent requirements of the position will be considered.
- Supervision of maintenance department team members
- Ensuring optimal utilization of maintenance staff and resources
- Direct and control resources
- High performance interaction between production/operations departments
- Review and analysis of maintenance department job cards and preventative maintenance
- Ordering of spare parts
- Stock control of spare parts
- Mentoring of peers, trainees and apprentices
- Advise on continuous improvement suggestions
- Participate in workgroups to ensure the quality input
- Review with risk management related documentation (FMEA, Control plan etc.)
- Deviation Authorization (if needed), Training Records
- Communication with all relevant departments (e.g. Engineering, etc.) and therefore the responsibility to coordinate corrective actions in case of product/process deviations & non-conformances
- Communicate with Internal & external departments for quality related issues and transfer the customer requirements/information’s to plant
Qualifications and Experience / Skills:
- Qualified Artisan (Millwright/Electrician/Fitter & Turner etc.) with N5 Certificate as a minimum or Diploma Technician (Electrical/Mechanical – S4)
- Studying towards Government Certificate of Competency for Factories (GCC) an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification relevant experience – not negotiable
- Supervisory experience an added advantage – ability to lead others
- Proven knowledge of Electrical Control Systems, Pneumatics and Hydraulics
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.