Senior Launch Engineer (Automotive Manufacturing)
- Ad Placed : 20 Nov 2019 02:51:48
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Eastern Cape / East London
- Company : Abantu Staffing Solutions
Other General Employment
An established and expanding Automotive Manufacturing Supplier, based in the East London IDZ, is seeking to employ a Senior Launch Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for all non-recurring events and deliverables associated with the launch of the specific model or individual product changes, as well as for meeting all program launch targets at the right quality and cost while meeting all scorecard items related to launch management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements:
- Engineering Degree or Diploma (minimum NQF 5) in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Project and/or Programme Management experience
- 3+ years' experience in the Automotive Manufacturing industry
- Participation in at least 1 new Product Start-up
Core knowledge / skills:
- Advanced computer literacy
- AUTOCAD or similar
- Planning, organising and controlling skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope with stressful situations
- Track and co-ordinate all Plant Launch activities.
(Launch includes new product introduction and engineering changes along with transfers on products that are currently in production)
- Manage the product launch and plant rearrangement from current to new platforms
- Manage resource and training requirements for pre-builds
- Adherence to Business operating systems and direction setting to the plant team
- Launch cost budget creation and management
- Drive and coordinate Launch review meetings
- Co-ordinate and ensure facility readiness and build dates are met for all sample builds
- Co-ordinate and manage all process sign-off events, power build and run at rate activities
- Support and track PPAP submissions
- Cross functional co-ordination with internal and external stakeholders eg. customer, suppliers and contractors
- Interface with CBU Program Management, internal organisation's departments to ensure timely launch
- Ensure all APQP documents are in place and completed
- Once tools are delivered to the plant the Launch Manager/Plant Manager must approve all engineering change implementation for the purpose of assuring a successful Launch, PPAP or any other customer deliverable.
Please note: only candidates that meet the inherent requirements of the position will be considered.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.