Maintenance Manager - EL
- Ad Placed : 23 Jan 2020 02:33:22
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Eastern Cape / East London
- Company : Headhunters
Other General Employment
Our client in East London is a leader in their industry and seeks to employ a Maintenance Manager who meets the following requirements:
- Directs and coordinates, through reporting teammates, activities of workers engaged in daily repair and maintenance of machines and supporting equipment. Coordinates improvements and works with Engineering to ensure optimum level of manufacturing. Reviews job orders to determine work priorities.
- Manages and leads a group of shift leaders, maintenance artisans, apprentices and clerk.
- Executes assignments related to maintenance of machinery and equipment; including preventive maintenance, planned and emergency maintenance, supervises the activities of skilled employees and assures the accomplishment of the assigned tasks.
- Responsible for relocating machinery and/or equipment; dismantling and removing obsolete or worn out machinery and/or equipment.
- Plans the performance of preventative maintenance activities based upon personal knowledge and interval records of equipment wear and the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding service. Schedules and coordinates the accomplishment of this work to minimize interference with production operations.
- Develops and maintains key preferred suppliers and spare part inventories. Schedules incoming materials for planned maintenance activities.
- Schedules work to prevent idle time and to provide maximum machine utilization. Schedules overtime work among maintenance employees to equalize overtime fairly. Determines priority of maintenance job back-log and schedules work accomplished. Schedules vacations in such a manner to not interfere with necessary maintenance.
- Responsible for up-grading the effectiveness of maintenance personnel. Schedules and conducts meetings with instructions relating to maintenance skills, safety, and Company Policy.
- Manage/Report Plant Scorecard.
- Perform ad hoc tasks and/or projects and duties as and when required.
- Relevant degree/diploma with qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years management experience or 10 years as supervisor within a manufacturing operation, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Government Certificate of Competency (GCC), preferable.
- Advance computer literacy, Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Planning, organizing, controlling skills (including project management)
- Critical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Conflict handling and dispute resolutions skills
- Ability to cope with stressful situations
- High ethical standards and the ability to demonstrate objectivity in decision making are key personal attributes for the position
Company Specific Requirements:
- Team Player
- Customer Focus
- Chairing Disciplinary Hearings
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.