Programme Manager (2 Year Contract)
- Ad Placed : 11 Nov 2019 02:53:27
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Eastern Cape / East London
- Company : Abantu Staffing Solutions
Other General Employment
Main purpose of the job:
- Manages the scope and introduction of new programmes / projects to the companies’ commercial business unit (CBU) product portfolio.
- Manages the scope and introduction of running changes (customer or company's driven) to existing programmes / projects with in the CBU product portfolio.
- Supports the development and implementation of VA/VE ideas to support company's requirements.
- Supports the Sales and/or Business Management team on the response to new business acquisition RFQ’s and programme / project related RFQ packages.
- Engenders a philosophy of ‘managed’ change control through all aspects of the organisation associated with programme and project management.
- Leads the Cross Functional Team (CFT) through the programme / project introduction life-cycle as per GDLS/ProLink.
- Establish and report on a regular basis an overview of the CFT(s) and programme(s) / project(s) status to management.
- Develop and manage the customer focus of a programme / project to ensure that a successful launch is achieved for company’s products in the eyes of the customer.
Main missions and results:
- Plans, organizes and conducts activities within its area in an effective manner towards achieving common objectives of company Group.
- Reports deviations from the standard and takes corrective actions.
- Participating in the process of creation, control and responsibility for the budget.
- Is directly accountable for programme, project and project managers adherence to project management practices and deliverables relating to GDLS / ProLink and other interrelated system and processes.
- Is directly accountable for the successful launch (Scope, Time, Cost and Quality) of a programme / project ensuring all agreed / company’s company standard metrics are achieved.
- Defining and managing the scope and requirements of the programme(s) / project(s).
- Define, maintain and adapt programme / project(s) timing for all areas to meet the key milestone objectives.
- Financial development sign off and reporting for programme(s) / project(s) sales pricing cost, tool investment, capital investment, engineering development and design cost.
- Ensure all aspects of the programme and project are maintained and developed to meet the minimum quality objective requirements of the programme / project.
- Establishment and leadership of the Cross Functional Team(s) (CFT) as required meeting the changing demands of the programme(s) / project(s) with the full support and acknowledgement of the organisational stakeholders.
- CFT is the Multi-Disciplined Cross-Functional Team that represented by all Departments which are required to support the programme / project manager and programme / project.
- Manage, maintain and adapt the CFT(s) and programme(s) / project(s) in order to align, maintain and enhance the key fundamental objectives of a successful launch, i.e. Scope, Time, Cost and Quality, to the company metrics.
- Monitoring and management of the CFT member’s responsibilities relating to GDLS / ProLink, RASIC, key elements and deliverables, including correctly maintaining a central library of programme / project evidence and deliverables with in ProLink.
- Scheduling and conducting regular CFT meetings to ensure a sufficiently detailed level of communication is maintained.
- Primary cross-functional interface for the customer(s) and the company CFT(s), in order to define the full scope of the programme(s) / project(s).
- Developing and establishing the Customer / company Statement of Work - Requirements – Assumption documents and agreements for the programme(s) / project(s) with all departmental stakeholders.
Supports and ensures all necessary regular cross-functional meetings to ensure a sufficiently detailed level of communication is maintained.
- Manage, maintain and adapt overall company programme / project timing and budgets in conjunction with the key company department stakeholders & customer(s) in order to manage changes to support a successful launch.
- Development, approval, reporting and monitoring of the programmes sales pricing & cost, tool investment (TAR and Cash Flow), capital investment (CAR), engineering development and design (PDP) cost status against the standard company metrics or as established at business case sign off and programme / project award, supported and guided by the responsible Business Manager and Project Controller.
- Manages, maintains and communicates the programme(s) / project(s) status reporting and sign off requirements to support the required programme /project quality including:
- Chairperson for regular programme / project status CFT meetings and minutes
- Monthly programme / project reviews with the appropriate management teams.
- GDLS Phase Management Gateway Review Fresh Eyes reviews.
- GDLS Phase Management Gateway Review Sign Off.
- Monthly Operating Report (MOR).
- Programme / project timing.
- Programme / project Financial Report and Cashflow.
- Ensure correct escalation and reporting of programme / project issues in a timely manner to the relevant management level in order to engender successful resolution.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in project and / or Programme Management, (preferred), and /or Engineering and/or Business Administration or 5 years’ experience in automotive industry as programme manager
- Attained a Professional Project / Programme Management accreditation level (IMPA Level C as a minimum, (or equivalent) with a recognised National / International Project Management organisation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the automotive industry in programme management with in a suitably / substantially sized regional or global organisation (ideally with JLR or Ford Programmes and IP and Floor Console Products) or 8 years’ experience in automotive industry in project management
- Good working knowledge / understanding industry standards and related procedures
- APQP training or 5 years’ experience in automotive industry in project management
- PPAP training or 5 years’ experience in automotive industry in project management
- IATF16949 training or 5 years’ experience in automotive industry in project management
- Sufficient verbal and written language skills associated to company and the programme / project and operational locations
- Flexibility to change priorities in response to changing programme / project demands
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.