Logistics Expeditor (AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY)
- Ad Placed : 18 Nov 2019 10:26:36
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Eastern Cape / East London
- Company : Abantu Staffing Solutions
Other General Employment
Responsible for the complete availability of material, ensuring minimal cost of transportation and facilitating the efficient movement of material and goods.
• Set up a controlled ordering system which will ensure timeous placement of scheduled orders to Local and Overseas Suppliers.
• Regular – weekly/monthly – releases to suppliers – verify against parts lists/suppliers and cumulative call off versus average monthly consumption.
• Ensure 100% availability of goods
• Ensure minimal cost of transportation
• Balance material availability, inventory turns and freight
• Ensure data accuracy (stocks, bill of material and planning figures)
• Avoid obsolete material
• Weekly excess/slow moving stock audit against agreed parameters.
• Weekly audit of stock values in comparison with agreed targets.
• Supplier delivery performance reports must be generated either weekly or monthly.
• Ensure control system for customs documentation is maintained at all times.
• Implement and maintain a control system for imported stock as per customs & excise requirements.
• Co Ordinate the delivery of containers to warehouse.
• Ensure that the necessary documentation is handed over to warehouse.
• Assist receiving department with processing queries of supplier documents.
• Assist Finance department with any queries relating to supplied parts.
• Ensure SMRR documents are communicated with imported suppliers as well as processed on MFG Pro and shortfall component orders raised.
• Advice UTI on parts that need to collected on an urgent basis as well as method of transport.
• Maintain verification and control system with warehouses of purchased components.
• Implement and maintain weekly control of ECR changes in accordance with BOS -: Run Out/Run In Control and balance out claims.
• Implement & maintain control of premium freight charges in accordance with BOS and plant requirements.
• Assist with regular static data audits on MFG PRO in order to maintain an up to date data base at all times.
• Assist with stock counts as and when required.
• Develop and implement plans for the reduction of inventory and carry cost in line with agreed objectives without compromising service levels.
• Responsible for ensuring optimum inventory levels are maintained in accordance with parameters set by the Logistics Manager or Plant Manager.
Required Education and Experience:
• Post Matric qualification in logistics or related field
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role
• 3 years’ experience in Automotive Environment (Preferable)
• Experience in Freight Transportation
• Working Knowledge of Logistics policies and procedures
• Knowledge of material flow (FIFO, KANBAN, JIT and JTDS)
• Planning and organizing skills
• Advanced computer literacy
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Decision making/problem solving skills
• Ability to cope with stressful situations
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.