Shift Artisan (Fitter and Turner)
- Ad Placed : 26 Jan 2020 02:46:27
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Eastern Cape / East London
- Company : Abantu Staffing Solutions
Other General Employment
To plan and carry out daily mechanical and electrical maintenance to all plant machinery.
• Ensuring Preventative Maintenance is carried out according to schedules for both mechanical and electrical.
• Frequently check stock levels for all spares/materials and order in time.
• Assisting the Maintenance Manager in periodic trend analysis of breakdowns and expenditure with recommendations for continual improvement.
• Involvement in daily emergencies and urgent work requests.
• Completion of basic preventative maintenance.
• Ensuring 5S System and safe working standards are adhered too at all times.
• Keeping the Maintenance Manager informed of abnormal or critical situations and seeking advice on matters outside the Planner's knowledge or authority.
• Ensuring maintenance procedures and documentation complies with relevant Quality Assurance standards and Safety Standards.
• Electrical installations and PLC’s.
• Mechanical installations.
• General buildings and all utilities
• Comply with OHS Act Regulations and other Legislation.
• Involve with all new projects etc.
• Accurately carry out maintenance schedules for production machinery and services (Electrical and Mechanical)
• Carry out lubrication schedules.
• All work must be performed safely according to all safety regulations.
• Speedily rectify breakdowns and after hours call outs.
• Weekly shift and stand by duty to be performed as per roster.
• Adhere to Company HSEE policy.
• Perform shift and standby call out duties.
• Working overtime when required as agreed by Plant Engineer.
• N4 in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering – Trade Tested or similar
• 5 years’ experience in a factory maintenance environment
• Computer literacy is a must.
• Ability to learn fast and be independent
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems preferred.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.