Senior Oracle Database Administrator
- Ad Placed : 30 May 2020 03:12:41
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal / Durban
- Company : Adapt IT
Other General Employment
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Oracle and MS SQL based solutions and systems.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
· Administration and management of databases in DEV, QA, pre-prod & production environments.
· Provide technical expertise on the installation, setup, configuration of database servers, including infrastructure
· Pro-active monitoring of databases both from a performance and capacity management perspective.
· Performance tuning and optimization of database schema, indexes, stored procedures etc.
· Perform database maintenance activities such as backup/recovery, rebuilding and reorganizing indexes.
· Ensure that all database releases are properly assessed and measured from a functionality and performance perspective.
· Ensure that all database environments are up to date with the latest service packs, patches & security fixes.
· Take ownership and ensure high quality, timely delivery of database related projects on hand.
· Collaborate with application developers and operations/support teams in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with Microsoft database administration is an advantage
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Recognized tertiary qualification
- Certification in Oracle (OCP DBA)
Desired Skills and Qualities
Personal Attributes and Qualities
· Strong knowledge of Oracle database technologies
· Strong knowledge of SQL language and PL/SQL
· Strong knowledge of Linux and Unix operating systems and environments
· Knowledge of Oracle RAC
· Knowledge of Oracle Internet Application server and Web Logic server environments is an advantage
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server environments is an advantage
· Strong research skills
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Good at problem solving
· Ability to perform well under pressure
· Good Technical writing skills
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.