Intermediate Oracle Developer
- Ad Placed : 27 May 2020 03:19:06
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal / Durban
- Company : Adapt IT
Other General Employment
Application and investigative support/development of ERP financial systems and sub systems. Provision of programming changes to high technical level of competence to correct bugs and ensure high levels of quality are maintained. Identification of system errors and issues, and responsible decision-making on best-fit scenarios /best solution to pursue in addressing these. Delivery of program designs from logical/functional specifications, to ensure high quality development, maintenance, and enhancement of financial systems and sub systems. Execution, implementation and onsite support of new functionality released to production environments.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Investigate system malfunctions across financial systems and sub systems
- Support application systems and business processes
- Annotate detailed solutions to assigned logs on the call tracking system in a clear and concise manner
- Determine severity of issue and respond to client within SLA-stipulated timeframes ensuring solutions are communicated and understood by end users
- Make required programming changes to high technical level of competence to correct system bugs, while ensuring high levels of quality are maintained
- Adhere to stipulated best-practice roll-out procedures, and ensure necessary documentation and UAT has been signed off in accordance with agreed processes before any change is released
- Provide clear and detailed input to development teams with regards to any system changes
- Provide professional support ensuring user satisfaction and clear understanding of system functionality
- Identify system errors and issues and make decisions with regard to the best solution that can be provided
- Provide onsite system training to end-users where required
- Provide system implementation /support functions as and when assigned
- Create logical, innovative solutions to complex requirements
- Provide technical estimates to project managers where required
- Review technical deliverables to ensure that what has been built meets user expectation
- Manage quality assurance, system & user acceptance testing where required
- Require minimal supervision, and demonstrate ability to take high ownership of work assigned
- Execute software configuration where required, adhering to standard protocol.
- Follow-up, update and close all issues on call-logging system after resolution, ensuring that end-user is satisfied with end result
- Provide guidance and support to junior/other intermediate developers to ensure that enhancement/project deliverables are met within required time and budget estimations.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 3 - 4 years in systems development
- Strong development background or experience in ERP support/development, using Oracle forms and reports, and PL/SQL (or similar) query language
- Strong analytical skills using Object-oriented design and programming
- Preference will be given to developers with sound financial background, and 1+ year of knowledge/experience in Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) and Java.
- BTech, IT/Computer Science degree or diploma
- Preference if OCP certification track underway/complete.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using Object-oriented programming and design, Oracle forms and reports, and PL/SQL (or similar) query language
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of database and system design (logical and physical models)
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of financial systems and sub systems
- Ability to compile test plans and to test solutions to ensure quality of output
- Ability to review functional specifications and give required feedback on design and functionality according to best practice standard
- Ability to understand, interpret and produce technical system specifications
- Ability to develop and implement systems
- Ability to do conceptual system design and compile suitable design documents
- Good technical writing and presentation skills
- Logical approach and excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be willing and able to travel (national/international).
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.