Field Service Technician
- Ad Placed : 04 Jun 2020 02:29:00
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal / Durban
- Company : Pronel Consultants
Other General Employment
An exciting role exists with our client based in the Briardene area for a Field Service Technician, to be responsible for quotes, repairs and services on all equipment internally and externally.
Repairs and Maintenance:
- Attend to Service-calls and Call-outs on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all units are accurately Serviced and/or quoted as per the Service and Maintenance report.
- Ensure that pictures are taken when Servicing and quoting all units.
- Ensure that all serviced and repaired units are fully operational.
- Ensure that all serviced or repaired units have a zero percent return rate..
- Ensure that warranty repairs are done on-site with the spares that are provided inside the vehicle.
- Receive equipment for repairs/quotes. Assist with loading/offloading of any equipment.
- Be available as a standby technician on weekends and after hours when neccesary – as allocated.
- Ensure that allocated tools and equipment are in a good condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for booking machines into the Workshop.
- Responsible for doing quotations/services on all machines.
- Complete Service Reports and Service book quotes.
- Ensure all quotes are correct.
- Responsible for doing vehicle stock-takes.
- Ensure bakkie stock levels are 100% accurate.
- Completing of all paperwork relating to service department systems.
- Complete annual stock takes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promote ethical service to all customers visiting Stores and at the customer’s premises.
- Assist customers telephonically.
- Assist with loading and off-loading of machines.
- Friendly and prompt customer service at point of maintenance, repair, delivery or collection.
- Maintain responsible driving and obey all the rules of the road.
- Ensure that vehicle is clean and tidy.
- Report any incidence promtly to the Branch Manager.
- Fully and accurately complete daily log sheets.
- Keep updated on repair skills on all units.
- Maintain ethical standards in all work activities.
- Motivated to learn new skills.
- Extensive travelling to areas in and around KZN :
- Ispingo, Seadoone, Amanzimtoti, Scottsburgh, Port Shepstone, Shelly Beach, Margate, Bizana, Kokstad, Matatiele, Harding, Umzimkulu, Ixopo, PMB, Mooi River, Escourt, Bergville, Ladysmith, Dundee, Newcastle, Volksrust, Paulpietersburg, Vryheid, Piet Retief, Pongola, Mkuze, Kosi Bay.
Electrical/Electronic qualification would be an advantage.
Computer skills: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
At least 6 Months experience in an electrical/electronic field.
Customer Service experience.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.