Project Release Manager
- Ad Placed : 20 Oct 2019 03:23:37
- Remuneration : R 33000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Pretoria / Centurion
- Company : AL1 Realisations
Other General Employment
The purpose of this role is to lead the effort of defining the ICT strategic direction for release management tools
for ICT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in. The Project Manager will
assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence so that integrity of the
release can be measured.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Forward Plan the release windows and cycles
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
• Weekly Release Reporting
• Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
• Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
• Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
• Participate in Change Approval Board (CAB) meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyses their application to current configuration management needs
• To perform risk management to minimize project risks;
• To plan and oversee the preparation and dissemination of project communications
• To issue project reporting on regular basis to the relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.