PRO2007460678 Project Scheduler/Planner (Information Technology)
- Ad Placed : 26 Jun 2019 03:21:26
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : PM Connection
Other General Employment
• The Role will support the change management and training streams for the specified Individual eLearning project and must ensure that key master data is managed and reported to management to update program and project status and impact on overall portfolio.
• Scheduling includes work at the estimate level, short interval and program and project master scheduling.
• Develop work breakdown structures, resource breakdown structure, resource, cost and budget plans.
• Update master and subproject plans and dependencies with new information as changes occur, e.g. timelines and delays in the hardware supply chain.
• Duties of this position also may involve project cost control work, requiring the ability to work with and understand budgets, coding, man hour performance systems and reports, and other elements of overall project monitoring.
• The successful candidate will work with multiple partner organisations to ensure effective delivery of change and training across 15 countries and thousands of sites.
• The emotional intelligence and written and verbal capabilities including the ability to build relationships that support the delivery of the Learning Systems programme and its vision is an imperative.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position description is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions if such functions are a logical assignment for the position.
• Prepares and keeps current master program and project plans as well as sub project plans for monitoring and tracking the requirements and stays abreast of changes to the requirements.
• Provides information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule.
• Identifies and records the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled.
• Evaluate actual organizational change management and training deployment and implementation progress and provide regular schedule updates.
• Interfaces with (inter-alia) Logistics, Operations, Contractors, IT, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
• Contributes to the development of working schedules for Estimating, prior to implementation date, which sufficiently illustrates the sequence of work activities and contract time.
• Prepares and issues proposal and preliminary schedule.
• Provides the single point of reference for project related organizational change management and training deployment and implementation and as such tracks conflicting work and resourcing requirements and reports on such into the Project.
• Uses the company’s systems to update and maintain Master data schedule on SharePoint.
• Depending on project size, the individual also may have the opportunity to be involved in various project infrastructural/coordinating activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have experience in a Planner, Scheduler or similar role
• Demand Capacity Planning experience will be an advantage
• IT exposure essential (+/- 5 years)
• MS PPM and Power BI experience will be an advantage
• Grade 12 and Bachelor's Degree in related field is required.
• Sound knowledge of schedule systems, principles and practices required.
• Experience in retail supply chain logistics scheduling would be most beneficial.
• Working knowledge of computer scheduling programs (i.e. Primavera, P3, P6, Contract
• Manager 13, Proliance, Microsoft Project, SureTrak) and department computer system is beneficial.
• Must be able to build and maintain accurate and up-to-date complex organizational change management and training deployment and implementation schedules working with multiple calendars
• Experience managing multiple projects and pulling together multiple schedules into a master schedule and/or interfacing with other teams managing different schedules.
• Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated.
• Is able to efficiently and effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Consistently demonstrates a high attention to detail
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.