PRO1032708937 Maintenance Manager
- Ad Placed : 19 May 2019 02:48:25
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : Retail
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : PM Connection
Purpose of the Job:
To lead the Wellington Maintenance department and to provide a total engineering service for the safe and efficient operation of plants and equipment. The service includes all disciplines of engineering, including out sourced disciplines at the Wellington site.
Key Performance Areas:
• Provide strategic and operational inputs for effective and efficient asset management of the site in line with best practice maintenance principles
• Ensuring that the site’s Asset Register is available and updated regularly
• Ensure the execution of efficient preventative, corrective and breakdown systems for the maintenance department
• Lead technical investigations into plant and equipment failures
• Ensure critical spares are correctly specified both in technical detail as well as expected inventory levels
• Ensuring compliance to all OHS Act requirements
• To administer the various outsourced engineering services for the site
• Prepare and manage the maintenance budget and assist with capital expenditure projects of the engineering group
• Responsible for employee development, training, performance management as well as succession planning in the department
• To manage the Boiler operations as well as all statutory maintenance requirements
• BSc/BEng/BTech in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Must be in possession of a Government Certificate of Competency (GCC Factories)
• More than 6 years’ experience in a Mechanical/Electrical maintenance role, preferably in a chemical manufacturing environment
• More than 3 years Management experience
• Proven knowledge and experience with coal fired boilers, air compressors and refrigeration equipment
• Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles in theory and practice
• Analytical and decisive
• Motivate and develop work force to create a high performance work culture
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.