PRO804115904 Head of Release Management (IRC49044)
- Ad Placed : 19 May 2019 02:48:25
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : Insurance
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : PM Connection
• The successful incumbent will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise and various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of platform(s) development / enablement, application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, projects and programmes.
• You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
Key Result Areas
• Sets the enterprise wide release management strategy and planning through engagement with key stakeholders and IT leadership.
• Develops and implements appropriate Release Governance
• Leads the effort of defining the strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in.
• Develop and continuously improve Change and Release Management processes, procedures, and methodologies based upon ITIL principles and SDLC process
• Ensure the change and release processes evolves to meet the needs of the organization
• Drive and embed enterprise wide release management capability
• Leading release management function on key projects and programmes
• Leading change advisory and release management boards
• Building the IT Release Calendar in working closely with the IT release managers, and other Delivery Stakeholders, from different portfolios across IT and centralizing view of all releases.
• Assists in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and to ensure that the integrity of the release can be measured.
• Forward Plan the Release Roadmap and windows, and cycles across a portfolio
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
• Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Lead and co-ordinate the Release Readiness and Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
• Manage Release Dependencies, sequencing and Escalations, where appropriate.
• Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
• Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyses their application to current configuration management needs
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Actively manage teams, resources and stakeholders in a collaborative manner to ensure the team (and delivery) is aligned and on track
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, schedule, and scope changes
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews. Manage subsequent Post Release Reviews and any Root Cause Analyses.
• Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
• Weekly Release Reporting
• Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
Requirements: Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of previous release, change and project management experience
• 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Significant experience of managing Vendors / Third Party Delivery and Assurance
• Formal training in project management practices preferred
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
In addition, to be successful in this role, you must:
• Be a self-starter who takes Ownership and that thrives in the face of challenge.
• Be relentless in clearing obstacles with a resourceful and creative approach to problem-solving.
• Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Have the ability to communicate as effectively to individual contributors as, you do with management and executive leadership.
• Be comfortable communicating technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
• Have strong people skills, with distinctive ability to motivate and influence people without authority or a direct reporting relationship
• Possess excellent negotiation, conflict management and resolution skills. You diplomatically facilitate teams to the successful resolution of issues
• Have a strong aptitude and desire to learn new technologies and leverage tools of the trade.
• Collaboration (Relating)
• Customer First
• Innovation (Perspective)
• Leading with Influence
• Personal Mastery (Learning)
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.