Solutions Architect Ref: SAI/ZR
- Ad Placed : 24 Oct 2020 03:48:39
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : Progressive IT Resourcing
Other General Employment
We are recruiting for a Solutions Architect , who will be responsible for the technical and business feasibility of a solutions as laid out by architectural governance within an IT environment.
This is a permanent, Cape Town based, open to South Africans.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS Computer Science or similar tertiary qualification is preferable.
- Must have a solid foundation of IT technical skills (ideally should have spent several years as a programmer and solution designer)
- Good knowledge of software modelling
- A solid grasp of IT concepts, patterns, principles and technologies
- A solid understanding of enterprise integration patterns
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to bring disparate agendas together for the common good
- Self-confidence and the ability to manage conflict
- Communications skills at all levels (written, spoken, presentation, etc.)
- Knowledge of IT governance, operations and best practice
- An acute understanding of how to prioritize change and how to manage multiple related change programs
Responsible for the technical and business feasibility of a solution and ensures that it fits within well-established patterns and guidelines laid down by architecture governance.
Responsible for the quality, commercial compliance and technical integrity of the solution being delivered back into the business
Actively with teams from across the operational space (both internal subject matter experts and those of the chosen suppliers).
- Ensures delivery fits within the guidelines published by solution practice architects and is in compliance with the IT strategy.
- Oversees the implementation of new integration services to ensure they adhere to the signed off solution architecture designs.
- Ability to explain the complex in layman’s terms to bring technology to the masses.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of 3 months to 1 year.
- Assist in the demand and workload planning for projects that they are involved in.
- Provides options and recommendations to business stakeholders to ensure that they can make the best business decisions based on the different solution alternatives and patterns.
- Analyses business processes to determine how IT investment could deliver value through improved cycle times, lower costs and improved quality.
- Builds the detailed transition plan for the more effective exploitation of IT investments.
- Defines a solution and ensure that it: Meets the business requirements. Meets the non-functional requirements. Fits within the guidelines published by the solution practice architects. Is in compliance with the IT strategy. Can be readily leveraged by other parts of the business.
- Responds to stakeholder needs and influences the development of alternative solutions.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.