Business Analyst II (Financial Services - payments)
- Ad Placed : 02 Jun 2020 02:35:45
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : PM Connection
Other General Employment
The systematic and methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes, and the information they use. The identification and examination of business needs and determine timely and effective solutions to business problems. The identification and development of new and alternative approaches to performing business activities that are made possible by the availability of information and communications technology. This includes: understanding the underlying technology and its application, assessment of the costs and potential benefits of the new approaches considered and, where appropriate, change management and assistance with implementation. The role acts as a bridge between the business unit, organisational stakeholders and the solution team.
• Risk Assessments
• Baseline Business Architecture
• Functional Specifications
• Foster partnerships between IT and business stakeholders
• Ensure that information and knowledge management processes are translated into effective and efficient business applications
• Oversee requirements planning and management
• Manage requirements elicitation
• Ensure requirements communication
• Produce requirements analysis and documentation
• Oversee solution assessment and validation
• Produce functional specifications
• Manage projects
• Number of projects where stated benefits were not achieved due to incorrect feasibility assumptions.
• Percent of users satisfied with the functionality delivered.
• Percent of Requirement Specifications delivered on time and on budget.
• Percentage of projects delivering business benefits in required timeframe.
• Clear understanding of the needs of users, customers / clients and stakeholders.
• Collaborative relationship between the users, customers and stakeholders and the technical team.
• Strong commitment to project objectives.
• Use of repeatable requirements process that is continuously improved.
• The maintenance of a system architecture that supports the users, customers and stakeholders’ current and planned needs.
• The ability to accommodate changes in requirements as they are progressively elaborated
• Understanding of cost factors involved in the development process.
Significance of Job in the Organisation:
• Facilitates effective and competitive business processes by eliciting, analysing, validating and documenting business organisational and/or operational requirements.
Scope of Role:
• Role Scope: Medium size, application level projects.
Tasks and Activities
• Investigate and describe current business processes, identifying the organizational structure undertaking and supporting the business activities.
• Identify cultural, organizational and business constraints affecting options for change.
• Assess the risks, costs and potential benefits of alternative business process designs.
• Responsible for investigative work to seek effective business solutions. Organize their implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, processes / procedures, organization and equipment. Applies and monitors the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards in an intelligent and effective way.
• Co-operate with senior client and IS staff as required, conducting investigations at a high level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
• Utilise business experience and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
• Take responsibility as needed for the detailed specification and modelling of recommended solutions using resources, standards, methods and tools as required. Maintain links with appropriate counterparts within both architecture and service delivery functions and play a full part in bringing systems to implementation as detailed by organization policies and methods.
• In all assignments, ensure that account is taken of any potential safety-related aspects of work undertaken supervising, as called for, the use of specialised techniques, tools and methods in analysis, modelling and design.
• Plan, arrange and control meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work. Take responsibility at a high level for the proper conduct of such relations.
• Plan and organize the giving of presentations or training sessions to all levels including senior management.
Business Process Management – Familiar with
• The analysis, design and management of business processes and supporting structures, roles and jobs to achieve the objectives of the business.
Business Analysis Techniques – Proficient in
• Techniques that help in modelling and understanding a business and its operation. E.g.: functional business models, statistical process control, relational data modelling, use case.
Information Management – Expert in
• The identification, utilisation and control of information to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the individual’s/team’s performance.
Business Environment - Familiar with
• The business environment relating to own sphere of work (own organisation and/or closely associated organisations, such as customers, suppliers, partners), in particular those aspects of the business that the specialism is to support (i.e. localised organisational awareness from a technical perspective).
Project Planning and Control - Familiar with
• Methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects. E.g.: product/work breakdown structures, critical path analysis, earned value, resource analysis, conflict resolution.
Value Chain Concepts - Familiar with
• The complete sequence of activities within a process, from receipt of an order or request to delivery of a product or service.
Industry and Professional Standards - Proficient in
• Standards associated with the role. E.g.: IEEE, CobIT, IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), TickIT.
Business Communication - Proficient in
• Methods of creating, storing and relaying internal information within the business. E.g.: fax, email, letters, memorandum, reports, etc.
Life Skills Competencies:
Working in Teams - Familiar with
• Working within units of people joined together to collaborate in order to accomplish a common goal.
Client Focus - Familiar with
• Identify and respond to current and future client needs; providing service excellence to internal and external clients.
Creative Thinking - Familiar with
• Question conventional approaches, explore alternatives and respond to challenges with innovative solutions or services, using intuition, experimentation and fresh perspectives.
Influence - Familiar with
• Gain support from and convince others to advance the objectives of the organisation.
Results - Familiar with
• Orientation Focus personal efforts on achieving results consistent with the organisation’s objectives.
Stress Management - Proficient in
• Techniques intended to equip a person with effective coping mechanisms for dealing with psychological stress, with stress defined as a person's physiological response to an internal or external stimulus that triggers the fight-or-flight response.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Proficient in
• Make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
Analytical Thinking - Proficient in
• Use deductive and inductive reasoning to develop accurate, objective assessments of what needs to be done based on active information seeking from multiple sources.
Continuous Learning - Proficient in
• Identify and address individual strengths and weaknesses, developmental needs and changing circumstances to enhance personal and organisational performance.
• BSc Information Systems
• BCom Information Systems
• Professional Qualification Level 6
• 2 - 3 Years’ experience as Business Analyst I
• Has significant business experience (minimum 6 to 7 years) with at least 3 years’ experience in business analysis methods and techniques or business process management.
Role Prior Knowledge:
• Is familiar with a range of analysis, modelling and design methods; has broad current knowledge of ICT standards, applications and trends.
• Is able to obtain information from business people in face-to-face situations, and to analyse information on users’ occupational tasks obtained by a variety of formal and informal means.
• Has an analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
• Has excellent interpersonal skills and is fully experienced at dealing with clients/users.
• Has a thorough understanding of all stages of alternative application development life cycles both within and beyond own organisation.
• Possesses a broad knowledge of business and business functions, and understands the significance of commercial constraints.
• Is able to recognise potential assignments outside own areas of specialisation and bring to bear appropriate expertise as necessary.
• This position does not have to be filled with someone who is in a BA role but someone who has a fundamental understanding of end to end customer service operations; has an analytical mind and excellent understanding of the contact centre technical infrastructure.
• Domain Knowledge: Understand contact centre operations and support functions (and regulations within environments)
• Strong technical understanding: Understands detail of a contact centre landscape and it's supporting technologies, including:
• Interaction Management
• Call flows (IVR's, call recordings, routing, etc.)
• Channels (Telephony, email, chat, Whatsapp, social, USSD, etc.)
• Knowledge Management
• Assisted and self-service, etc.
This resource must be able to:
• Work closely with data functional analyst and project manager to design and implement decision support solutions and data requirements definition for all types of data analytics (static reporting, ad hoc reporting and data science).
• Analyse the available data in the data warehouse to determine how best to utilise it in the proposed solution.
• Identify and document data requirements from source systems if the data is not currently available in the data warehouse.
• Identify and document data requirements for all types of data analytics.
• Provide input on alternatives presented by the technical designers and answer detailed questions regarding the business design.
• Create prototype solutions to assist business users with defining analytics requirements.
• Engage with business representatives to obtain review and agreement on solutions that are presented for reporting, BI and data science.
• Experience in dealing with customer related data, digital customer engagement, customer profile management etc. will be advantageous.
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.