Solution Architect (Cloud Platform) - PERMANENT
- Ad Placed : 07 Feb 2020 01:00:01
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : PM Connection
Other General Employment
Purpose of the Job:
As a recognized authority in cloud and technology platforms, the Solution Architect strategically advises on and drives the cloud and platform strategy that underpin all business solutions, creates the architectures for these platforms and architecturally leads the realization of the architecture roadmap into the target state. Extensive subject matter knowledge of cloud services and platform technologies is essential, including Cloud IaaS, PaaS, Containerisation, Virtualization and Security.
Job Category: IT
• The successful candidate will be required to: Consult on the Technology and Cloud Strategy, develop cloud roadmaps and reference architectures, and governance technology selection in support thereof.
• Serve as the primary cloud technology solution architecture and design authority for all project and operational stakeholders, and ensure architecture quality across all solution platforms enabled by cloud technologies.
• Provide expert cloud and technology guidance, ensure solution architectures and designs are in line with the cloud strategy and technology standards and conduct architecture and design reviews as part of the Architecture Review Committee.
• Contribute to solution architecture and design standards and SDLC governance requirements.
• Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar)
• Architecture Framework Certified (TOGAF, ZACHMAN)
• Infrastructure / Data centre Certified
• Professional (CCNP or VCE-CIAE or VCP6-DCV)
• Cloud Provider Certified (AWS Certified Cloud Architect, GCP Cloud Architect)
• 5 to 10 years working experience within the IT industry
• Excellent architecture and design skills and proven track record delivering well architected complex enterprise class systems
• Expert understanding of cloud strategies and cloud platform architectures
• Extensive Cloud technical experience and understanding of the current Cloud Technology requirements
• Extensive experience with ICT Infrastructure components in the domains of (Networking, Data Centre, Storage, Compute Platforms, and ICT Management / Monitoring)
• Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices
• Strong understanding of solution architecture, enterprise architecture frameworks, reference architectures, information and communication technologies, and business application patterns
• Retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes would be advantageous
Knowledge and Skills
• Persuading and influencing
• Applying expertise and technology
• Formulating strategies and concepts
• Creating and innovating
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
• Presenting and communicating information
• Relating and networking
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.