Programmer III (Informix 4gl / Genero) - PERMANENT
- Ad Placed : 07 Feb 2020 01:00:01
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : PM Connection
Other General Employment
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for coding, testing, debugging and correcting of programs in development in Informix 4gl or Genero Business Development language. Provide support and maintenance of the system. Works within a strict framework of programming standards and may give input into programming standards.
Job Category IT
• Analyse and understand business requirements in the context of the current business environment.
• Create conceptual, logical and physical solutions, using appropriate coding techniques and methodologies.
• Identify suitable coding solution(s) and alternatives that address the business needs/requirements.
• Develop solutions according to standards and best practice for front-end, back-end and integration to other solutions.
• Maintain development principles and quality compliance criteria to deliver according to commitments.
• Plan, design and conduct unit tests of programs; correcting errors and re-test to achieve an error free result.
• Test and inspect code of junior developers and provide constructive feedback Document all work according to agreed standards.
• Maintain all Informix programs and functions.
• Maintain documentation of all changes made to the system.
• Do unit testing of changes made.
• Ensure that the users test and sign-off the changes made.
• Assist business users when necessary.
• Detect critical deficiencies and recommend improvements.
• Mentor and coach junior members of the team.
• Assist the Business Analysts with the capabilities of the system when required.
• Grade 12 (Matric)
• 3 year Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
• 5 years Strong Informix 4gl development experience
• Strong Genero development experience
• IT Applications Development expertise
Knowledge and Skills:
• Basic knowledge and experience of Unix AIX
• Strong Informix SQL skills
• Shell scripting
• Net / C# development skills
• Buying and Supply Chain processes
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.