Project Scheduler/ Planner II
- Ad Placed : 09 Dec 2019 03:01:46
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : PM Connection
Other General Employment
Main purpose off the job:
• Managing multiple project schedules and pulling together multiple schedules into a master schedule and/or interfacing with other teams and Business Delivery Units in managing different schedules.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position description is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions if such functions are a logical assignment for the position.
• Prepares and keeps current master program and project plans as well as sub project plans for monitoring and tracking the requirements and stays abreast of changes to the requirements. Provides information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedules, etc.
• Identifies and records the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled.
• Evaluate actual organizational change management and training deployment and implementation progress as well as provide regular schedule updates.
• Interfaces with (inter-alia) Logistics, Operations, Contractors, IT and subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
• Contributes to the development of working schedules for estimating, prior to implementation date, which sufficiently illustrates the sequence of work activities and contract time
• Prepares and issues proposal and preliminary schedules.
• Prepares and assists IT Delivery Teams with short/long term resource allocation (demand and capacity planning).
• Monitor and analyze project effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative tools.
• Recommend and implement modifications to improve effectiveness and attain project milestones.
• Plan, coordinate and monitor the activities of assigned projects to develop and implement procedures, processes and systems.
• Educate employees in methods to ensure project continuity and completeness.
• Oversee schedules and risk management plans and provide serious deviations warnings hindering project results.
• Identify changes in work scope in the project plan.
• Ensure to take appropriate planning measures with all portfolios to reassess, renegotiate and amend the scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts and budgets.
• Convey required project data and information to project teams.
• Prepare and present regular internal and external project reports for management.
• Evaluate and analyze with team risks and issues compromising project results and develop plans to mitigate them.
• Gather actual data, update project schedule and develop reliable schedule forecast with support from project team.
• Maintain schedules and keep project resources on track.
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Must be detail-orientated and organized
• Working knowledge of scheduling software (i.e. Primavera, P3, P6, Contract Manager 13, MS Project, SureTrak) required
• PowerBi knowledge/proficiency will be an advantage
• Grade 12 and a Degree in the IT/Technology Field
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.