Programme Director: Education
- Ad Placed : 05 Dec 2019 02:45:55
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : Globe Recruitment
Other General Employment
The reality of the current education crisis is that not all learners in public schools are receiving basic education and that the inequality gap between the privileged with access to functional schools and those without, is growing. Our client believes that through a combination of resources from government, private funders and civil society organisations, a collaboration can be created to nurture South African learners to realise their potential.
For the last three years our Client has had the privilege of being a pioneering school operating partner, mandated by the WCED to partner and strengthen a growing network of non-fee paying collaboration schools (now legislated as such) with the goal to improve learner outcomes and close the inequality gap between high performing resourced and no-fee public schools.
Purpose and Priorities:
The Program Director will be accountable for the transition of schools into the Client's Collaboration Schools network. You will lead the strategic design and implementation of the Client's educational vision and model with overall responsibility for the leadership and management of the Client's Education team. The aim is to deliver high quality results in both primary and high school by ensuring the delivery of an outstanding education for all learners through consistent and sustained improvement.
- Strategic leadership and management of the education programme and team
- Development and design of the collaboration schools model
- Professional development of the education team members
- Communication and engagement with multiple stakeholders in the collaboration schools programme
- Coaching and mentorship of school leaders and leadership team
- Monitoring and measurement of school improvement in the network of schools
- Strategic leadership and mentoring within the organisation
A relevant and recognised tertiary qualification from an accredited University
- At least 5 years project management experience
Experience working in at least one urban, multi-cultural setting, with individuals from backgrounds of socio-economic disadvantage.
- Managed budget and financial processes
Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking and report writing
Comprehensive understanding of national policy, legislation and current international thinking on education achievement and improvement
Please include a cover letter of no longer than three pages, outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role. The cover letter should also include the names of three referees.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.