Senior Procurement Officer
- Ad Placed : 05 Dec 2019 02:59:45
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : Swift Careers
Other General Employment
- To buy goods and services in support of the operation activities of the division.
- To be responsible for the management of staff and processes to ensure safeguarding and maintenance of optimum stock holding in order to provide support service to all departments.
- Commercial degree
- Senior Diploma in Purchasing Management will be advantageous
- Legal or technical qualification will be advantageous
- At least 8 years’ experience in a Buying capacity of which at least 2 years in a management/leader capacity
- Experience in Store Management environment will be advantageous
- Strong knowledge of applicable commercial legislation will be advantageous
- Converting of orders in compliance with purchasing procedure.
- Investigate and action account queries promptly, when these are the result of price variances.
- Investigate supplier non-performance, take the appropriate action and follow up to ensure no similar problems are experienced.
- Liaise with suppliers in terms of the logistics of deliveries
- Maintain good interpersonal relations with suppliers, thus gaining the best possible service from them.
- Select and source from suppliers in line with preferential procurement targets.
- Evaluate potential suppliers in order to improve the BEE score.
- Follow-up on outstanding orders – system maintenance.
- Follow-up on orders received but not invoiced – system maintenance.
- Be fully conversant with current market prices of all items required.
- Be able to evaluate quotations.
- Negotiate discounts and settlement discounts.
- Take responsibility for stock under your control
- Maintain and manage optimum stock levels to support operations in Division
- Manage staff performance and development
- Supervision, training, mentoring and performance evaluation of staff.
- Comply with all policies and procedures applicable on Procurement and Stores.
- Responsible for stock counts.
- Compliance with housekeeping standards and procedures – Safety, Environment and Food Safety.
- Manage departmental expenditure within budget guidelines.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.