Senior Backend Developer
- Ad Placed : 10 Dec 2019 02:25:38
- Remuneration : R 100000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : Summit Consulting
Other General Employment
Our client is growing. They’ve shed the start–up mantle and are an established company that's hell bent on growing their business and taking the reins of the event technology sector (in a friendly, helpful way of course). Their app is a winner with clients around the world, and they're looking for an Senior Backend Developer to join their team, and to help them elevate an already established, loved and leading product.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Building server–side web applications with Python and Django
- Deploying web applications on Linux servers
- Writing unit and functional tests
- Familiar with version control tools such as Git
- Familiar with cross–browser/platform issues and web application security risks – and solutions to these
- Ability to suggest time estimates and plan technical work from brief business requirements, without detailed specifications
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS THAT WOULD BE A PLUS
- Configuring and tuning PostgreSQL, Redis, Nginx
- Deploying distributed web applications on AWS or Google Cloud
- Deploying distributed web applications with Docker, Kubernetes or other container managers
- Working both independently and leading a small team of developers
- Building APIs with Django Rest Framework
- You've worked in or near the events sector. Heck, you’ve gone to an event and used a provided app or other form of event technology. One thing that makes eventcloud different is that we understand our clients’ world. We started there. And we want to ensure that maintain that connection (in every part of our team).
NOTE: When applying, please include links to previous works or your github account. Please describe your role and contribution to these projects.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.